I'm Out Of Here.....

That's right!

As I've shared with some of you, I am going to be moving from Arizona to somewhere in the east.

The problem is, I don't know exactly where.

My short list includes...

PA (Philadelphia preferred)

Ohio (Cleveland area only)

Connecticut

Providence

New Jersey

New York

Or, surrounding areas.

Philly is in the lead at the moment, this is probably a direct result of Peter Johnson doing such a solid sales presentation. ;) I also have a possible business opportunity there. B-)

Although, truth be known, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

At this point, it looks like I'm going to keep a precentage of my business in AZ until it sells in the next couple of years, but I may try and start up something new.

Any suggestions or assistance on areas/neighborhoods would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a gypsy this last year. We started in Southern California, went to Reno, and now we are in Northern California. We're not really happy here and have been considering Arizona.

Catesta, since you're leaving the state, is there good reason not to consider Arizona?

Best of luck with your move!

You've gotta be kidding. Moving east?

Ohio? Pennslyvania?

What?

Feck. :wacko:

Dude, I'm burned out.

The urban sprawl here is a killer.

This may sound silly, but I'm tired of the sun as well, more specifically, the terrible summer heat. It depresses me. I need the seasons, all four of them.

Providence!

Used to live there when it was not so nice as it is now, same w/ Cleveland (I leave - it goes all great and stuff). 3 hours max from NYC, easy winters, beachy summers, springtime with college kids, country right to the left, Federal Hill with all the stinky cheese you can eat and the legend of Buddy Cianci!!!

Providence!

Used to live there when it was not so nice as it is now, same w/ Cleveland (I leave - it goes all great and stuff). 3 hours max from NYC, easy winters, beachy summers, springtime with college kids, country right to the left, Federal Hill with all the stinky cheese you can eat and the legend of Buddy Cianci!!!

Yeah.

I paid Providence a visit in November. Dmitry gave me a twenty cent tour in his Dodge truck. B-)

The nexy day I checked out Federal Hill.

The city does have a nice feel to it.

You've gotta be kidding. Moving east?

Ohio? Pennslyvania?

What?

Feck.  :wacko:

Dude, I'm burned out.

The urban sprawl here is a killer.

This may sound silly, but I'm tired of the sun as well, more specifically, the terrible summer heat. It depresses me. I need the seasons, all four of them.

I know what you're talking about. That's one reason I left SoCal. It was like an endless parking lot. I just felt like there were too many rats in the cage.

Thanks for the warning on the heat... :ph34r: I know it's hot there, but I do have to factor that in.

Anyone got any suggestions for someone who wants to stay in the west? :excited:

At least you'll probably find a lot more jazz clubs where you're going... :g

Whatever happened to Michigan?

If its urban sprawl that is bothering you, I do not recommend New York, New Jersey or most of Connecticut.

Another factor working against those states (and Pennsylvania, I think) is that there are state income taxes. You will definitely take a major hit there.

On the other hand, if you are in Westchester County or Connecticut, we'd be able to hook up whenever I visit the folks. Then I'd be able to knock off another name from my list of organissimo buds. Er, I mean, scratch off another name from my list of organissimo buds. Aw hell, you know what I mean.

Catesta, since you're leaving the state, is there good reason not to consider Arizona?

Oh I see, you wait until you find out I'm leaving. <_<

Seriously, It depends on what your looking for.

Housing costs are still reasonable and the job market is good.

Plenty of future growth projected.

If you don't mind everthing being spread so far out it may be worth looking into.

Whatever happened to Michigan?

If its urban sprawl that is bothering you, I do not recommend New York, New Jersey or most of Connecticut.

Another factor working against those states (and Pennsylvania, I think) is that there are state income taxes. You will definitely take a major hit there.

On the other hand, if you are in Westchester County or Connecticut, we'd be able to hook up whenever I visit the folks. Then I'd be able to knock off another name from my list of organissimo buds. Er, I mean, scratch off another name from my list of organissimo buds. Aw hell, you know what I mean.

Michigan is not completely ruled out, but I need a guy like Chuck to give the complete skinny on a place like Ann Arbor.

The sprawl in New York and Jersey is nothing like here.

The city of Phoenix did not develop first.

The downtown is a joke.

Dude, you oughta just say "Screw it" to the notion of permanent residency and hook up with Clem on his nomadic peregrinations. The two of you would cut a swath across this great land of ours the likes of which have not been seen since Sonny Stitts left the planet. Do it now, while you're young, energetic, and still capable of consuming mass quantities.

I'm kidding, but I'm not, if you know what I mean. ;)

Michigan is not completely ruled out, but I need a guy like Chuck to give the complete skinny on a place like Ann Arbor.

yes indeed you have to check Ann Arbor out. Although forget about owning a home, unless you're mega-rich. But the music scene is great. I've seen Organissimo twice, not to mention Shorter twice, Hancock twice, Keith Jarrett, Ornette Coleman, plus many others that I couldn't go to. Definitely check it out!

Dude, you oughta just say "Screw it" to the notion of permanent residency and hook up with Clem on his nomadic peregrinations. The two of you would cut a swath across this great land of ours the likes of which have not been seen since Sonny Stitts left the planet. Do it now, while you're young, energetic, and still capable of consuming mass quantities.

Could you imagine me a clem in the same car? B-)

Could you imagine me a clem in the same car? B-)

ummm...