I'm Out Of Here.....

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended up getting $12.5K over the asking price.  :g  :cool:

Was that due to personal charm or political persuasion?

or do you know a bunch of rough guys who "make deals work?"

;)

Anyway, congrats!

I'm as surprised as anyone.

Every offer was at asking price or above, so the agent recommended a counter of just around 10K above and gave everybody a second chance.

The lowest offer the first time around ended up being the highest offer second time around. :tup

So, yeah, drinks are on me. :)

I'll be in Cleveland next week. :cool:

Should be hitting the road and heading east for good right around the middle of July give or take a week or two.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished packing up the last box of cds. I won't see or hear any of them again for month or so.  :(

All I have available for listening is some compilation cdrs I use for travel.

The audio equipment will stay out for a few more days.

How long are you gonna be in Cleveland? I'm going to be up there in a couple weeks. I'm hoping to see Organissimo in Michigan, hook up with connoisseur series500 around the 6th of July for some Detroit area record shopping, and head to Cleveland to visit my wife's family until the 11th. Maybe we could hook up for a beer if you'll be around. :tup

Edited by Jim Dye

Bummer, I'm already back in AZ.

We are packing up and getting ready to leave. Looks like we will be heading out around the 5th of July.

Sorry I'm going to miss the get together.

I'm hoping to catch an Org gig on the way back east or soon after I reach my final destination.

• 1 month later...

Looks like I'll be needing this thread next; plans are for us to be out of here by mid-October. We're meeting with the realtor next week, and we already have one looking for suitable property for us in our soon-to-be new home town.....

Alexandria, Louisiana

Why on earth are you moving to Alex (pronounced eleck)?

Well, our son's family is down there, with grandkids and such, so it's a family move.  Plus there's the fact that we can sell our sixty year old broken down piece of shit house out here and get a nice house down there; that makes it a little easier to take.

It's hot down there...in more ways than one.

laspice.jpg

Looks like I'll be needing this thread next; plans are for us to be out of here by mid-October.  We're meeting with the realtor next week, and we already have one looking for suitable property for us in our soon-to-be new home town.....

Alexandria, Louisiana

:excited:  :blink:  :unsure:  :bad:  :crazy:

I thought you guys were still a few years off.

Good luck to you.

I thought you guys were still a few years off.

Good luck to you.

I thought so as well, but the timetable has been moved up. Our house is going on the market on the 10th of this month; the last week of the month we're flying down to check out houses with a realtor down there. If we see one we like, we'll be making an offer.

This is happening waaaaaay to fast for me! :lol:

My stuff arrived!!!

I'm happy to have it, but I'm not very happy with the moving company.

When I called on Thursday the girl told me she could not give me an estimated delivery date, but the driver would call 48 hours ahead of time.

According to the local office, we should not expect that call until closer to 8/15.

I got a call Friday afternoon at 3:00 PM from the driver. "Mr Testa, can we bring your things to you this afternoon?"

I told him I was 30 miles from home and still needed to get a cashiers check, so the answer had to be no.

Looks like everything survived. although I'm not real pleased with how some of it was handled. I guess that should come as no surprise. <_<

Anyways.... :g