Anonymity

Ted O'Reilly

I've had the "Rooster_Ties" handle for close to 5 years now, and it seems kinda silly to change it now, after all these years.  Like Jeff said, then nobody would know who I was!!  :P

Same here!

(except that I'm not Rooster Ties)

:lol:

Nobody knew who I was... so I'm back to my old handle. No mo' name changes.

I hardly had a chance to get used to your real name! :lol:

I see that you have a new avatar. That's you with the beard?

No... it's from an album cover by a band called Dieselhed. I just love that picture. I'm thinking of doing a whole series of Cat Shatner in the seventies. :g

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the "Rooster_Ties" handle for close to 5 years now, and it seems kinda silly to change it now, after all these years.  Like Jeff said, then nobody would know who I was!!  :P

Same here!

I hardly had a chance to get used to your real name! :lol:

I see that you have a new avatar. That's you with the beard?

No... it's from an album cover by a band called Dieselhed. I just love that picture. I'm thinking of doing a whole series of Cat Shatner in the seventies. :g

Jeff.

I am struggling to keep abreast with the changes in your pictures ;)

Che.

Jeff.

I am struggling to keep abreast with the changes in your pictures ;)

Che.

No more changes in name; only avatars. I promise!

I'll always try to have Cat Shatner in my avatars. He's my pal.

It is alwasy good to have a 'pal' or two ;)

Che.

Same here!

Yeah, AfricaBrass is back in the house!!!!

I was half-thinking of starting a poll a few days ago, and lobbying people to vote to bring back your old handle, Jeff. Don't know what tipped the scales, but it's good to have you back to the one and only AfricaBrass!!!! :party::party::party:

:tup:tup:tup

When I registered on the old BN Board I used my name rather than a pseudonym....but I thought that there might be people who would think - who's this guy to use his name when nobody knows him?

I felt this same way when I joined the BNBB in 2000. Felt responsible for anything I might say that would make me look like a boob. Took awhile to graduate from lurker status. In fact I think I got shut down on one of my first posts for some factual error (those BN-ers were tough ^_^ ). Kind of odd actually, since I now have things published by me on the web with my real name - many of them music related. Perhaps time to add the other 5 letters of the alphabet to my name here. (Though I guess it can be inferred if you hover over my avatar signature).

Getting back to the original post. I can vouch for Ted. He brings a wealth of information to this board with his broadcasting, recording and publishing experience. Check his (brief but meaty) webpage on his profile.

Edited by Robert J

Same here!

Yeah, AfricaBrass is back in the house!!!!

I was half-thinking of starting a poll a few days ago, and lobbying people to vote to bring back your old handle, Jeff. Don't know what tipped the scales, but it's good to have you back to the one and only AfricaBrass!!!! :party::party::party:

:tup:tup:tup

Thanks RT!! :D

It felt like I lost my mojo or something. :lol:

My being here with a different name then AfricaBrass is like "Don't Fear the Reaper" WITHOUT the cowbell. :lol:

I've been debating whether or not to switch to my real name, but I think there would be too many Paul M, John S, Jeff B etc. and to me that would be both confusing and boring. I use my first name on my signature line, and I think that's good enough; besides, anyone who knows me around here knows my full name.

I guess I'll just have to live with being "forgettable" to Mike Fitzgerald and "sans cojones" to others........ :(;):g

Edited by Free For All

I've been debating whether or not to switch to my real name, but I think there would be too many Paul M, John S, Jeff B etc. and to me that would be both confusing and boring. I use my first name on my signature line, and I think that's good enough; besides, anyone who knows me around here knows my full name.

I guess I'll just have to live with being "forgettable" to Mike Fitzgerald and "sans cojones" to others........ :(;):g

Keep your Free For All name. :tup

That's how we know you. :g

I made a mistake switching mine.

Jeff...I mean Africa Brass.Your confusing the hell out of me dude!!!!! :wacko:

Sorry Chris!

I confuse the hell out me all the time.

Summary:

I ate some bad catnip which made me crazy. I changed my name. I hated it after a while, saw it was confusing, so now I'm back. Like Elvis in '68! :g

How about Jeff B AfricaBrass?

That's a good idea, but I'll just stick with AfricaBrass. I'm glad to be back to AB. :g:g:g

Jeff B And The African Brass.

:lol::lol::lol:

Now that's a real good 'un!

It would go with my "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" avatar.

Yes, that's why I said. BTW, where is it, and where did you get it? Not that I'm gonna use it, just that it's so f*in cool, I want more like that!

Jeff...I mean Africa Brass.Your confusing the hell out of me dude!!!!! :wacko:

Sorry Chris!

I confuse the hell out me all the time.

Summary:

I ate some bad catnip which made me crazy. I changed my name. I hated it after a while, saw it was confusing, so now I'm back. Like Elvis in '68! :g

:lol: . The avatar as always is the coolest.