What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head Case

Head Case is one of the best things on at the moment. And it's no reflection on 'In Treatment' to say that it's a great antidote too. Also digging Party Down and Breaking Bad.

Just discovered Breaking Bad and went through the first season in three days. What a great show. Surprised this is the only mention it got here. As fresh as The Wire and Damages.

Hmm, I've been tempted to give Breaking Bad a look as well. Are the first episodes available on "On Demand"?

I'm watching my homemade VHS tape of a really fun bad movie: Get Yourself a College Girl. This 1964 movie stars Mary Ann Mobley, Nancy Sinatra, and Chad Everett. What plot there is deals with the shocking revelation that young women sometimes have sex. (I know - I was surprised myself!) There's lots of music, by the Animals, the Dave Clark Five, the Stan Getz Quartet (with Gary Burton), and the Jimmy Smith trio. The Getz Quartet plays "Girl From Ipanema" with Astrud Gilberto, but also (somewhat surprisingly) plays "Sweet Rain" by Michael Gibbs. From what I can tell, this movie has never been issued on tape or DVD, and when I taped it, there was a commercial break in the middle of "Sweet Rain." So I just bought the soundtrack LP from an Ebay vendor. This lousy movie has a lot to recommend it - some good music and lots of girls in tight sweaters and pointy bras.

Edited by jeffcrom