What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the Golden Globes. Three cheers for Kate Winslet who won both best supporting actress (for The Reader) and best actress (for Revolutionary Road). Bout time she actually WON some of these awards she's always nominated for...an excellent actress in everything she does.

Watching the Golden Globes. Three cheers for Kate Winslet who won both best supporting actress (for The Reader) and best actress (for Revolutionary Road). Bout time she actually WON some of these awards she's always nominated for...an excellent actress in everything she does.

Kate Winslet rules. She was absolutely outstanding in Revolutionary Road. Still I thought she should have won a bunch of awards for 'Little Children' and she got nothing.

Wow, watching "The Story of India" on PBS. EXCELLENT.

Just been watching Episode 2 - excellent except that it was grossly out of sync - the picture leading the sound by at least half a second throughout. Did you notice this? I am watching a recording of the prog via my Verizon supplied DVD Recorder and assume that's how it looked on transmission- bizarre to say the least.

Wow, watching "The Story of India" on PBS. EXCELLENT.

Just been watching Episode 2 - excellent except that it was grossly out of sync - the picture leading the sound by at least half a second throughout. Did you notice this? I am watching a recording of the prog via my Verizon supplied DVD Recorder and assume that's how it looked on transmission- bizarre to say the least.

No, that's not how it looked to me (via channel 18, PBS Austin, via antenna).

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Fringe as well, I still can't decide if I actually like it or not...but I'll keep watching it for now. I kept asking myself if I really wanted to invest in another "sci-fi conspiracy" show...The X-Files kind of satisfied that urge for me. It's serious & humor elements aren't in balance yet, like it can't quite decide what tone it wants to achieve...we'll see if it gets itself on course.

I've been watching Leverage. I don't recommend it. The characters are cardboard cutouts, the plots are silly, and the whole thing is one second rate caper story after another. Good times.

Been watching the Australian Open this week. Thank goodness for Australia; I don't get the opportunity to veg out for hours glued to sports that often as a night owl, so it's a bit of a treat.

I'd like to watch Damages but missed the first season. Will have to check and see if the DVDs are available for rent somewhere (I can't afford to purchase box sets of TV shows)

The lovely Anadina has been watching this show and recommends it. I believe that it can be rented. . . .

I'd like to watch Damages but missed the first season. Will have to check and see if the DVDs are available for rent somewhere (I can't afford to purchase box sets of TV shows)

The lovely Anadina has been watching this show and recommends it. I believe that it can be rented. . . .

I checked and Netflix carries it, at some point when I restart my subscription I'll order it.

No kidding. I tried staying up to catch live coverage at 3:30 AM, but then I realized that I could DVR it! :excited:

I normally work until midnight, so there's no better time for me. I was up until 5:00AM Pacific again last night, but damn, what a match between Gonzalez and Gasquet! :excited:

No kidding! What a great 5 set thriller. Go Gonzalez!