Ignore function

scottb

Does this board have an ignore function and how do you use it?

I've heard peolpe make reference to an ignore function but never paid attention because I thought I'd never have use for it.

Lately, someone has developed cyber diarrhea and I'm tired of stepping in their shit on every thread. Before I let the evil inside me either eat me alive or explode out on someone else I better start ignoring!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this board have an ignore function and how do you use it?

I've heard peolpe make reference to an ignore function but never paid attention because I thought I'd never have use for it.

Lately, someone has developed cyber diarrhea and I'm tired of stepping in their shit on every thread. Before I let the evil inside me either eat me alive or explode out on someone else I better start ignoring!

Scottb, I feel your pain and smell the same shit!

Up to now I have managed to mentally obstruct the few obsessive posters but lately there has been a couple of uninteresting and largely ignorant posters who have staged tsunamis of their own.

Never thought I would be using an ignore button on this Board but the need grows more obvious each day!

It will when I upgrade the board to version 2.0,

What do you need? A check? How much?

That's not the problem. The current server the board resides on won't support Version 2, so Jim has been waiting to hear that the board's been migrated to another server before he can upgrade himself.

If I may humbly make a suggestion: When someone is put on ignore, it would create less drama if it's not announced on the board. This feature sometimes ends up being a club for those who have issues with other posters and the act of ignoring becomes an issue and much drama ensues. Just my two cents.

If I may humbly make a suggestion: When someone is put on ignore, it would create less drama if it's not announced on the board. This feature sometimes ends up being a club for those who have issues with other posters and the act of ignoring becomes an issue and much drama ensues. Just my two cents.

Whoever you ignore is completely within your account and no one knows, unless you tell anyone that person is ignored.

If I may humbly make a suggestion:  When someone is put on ignore, it would create less drama if it's not announced on the board.  This feature sometimes ends up being a club for those who have issues with other posters and the act of  ignoring becomes an issue and much drama ensues.  Just my two cents.

Whoever you ignore is completely within your account and no one knows, unless you tell anyone that person is ignored.

You are right. What I'm talking about is when the person is put on ignore, then the ignorer goes on line and posts that the ignoree is now on the ignorer's ignore list. Then the ignoree gets all bent out of shape and he and his supporters line up over here, and the ignorer's supporter's line up over there, and an online shootout ensues. Get it? Oh, shoot, just ignore this. B-)