The Taxman Is A Knockin', Tick, Tock,Tick, Tock

Are You Done With You Taxes  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3/4 years ago i bought T/T and PAID for ALL the "FREE" software and crap

couldn't figure out T/T, didn't mail my rebates in time and lost my $$$$ on that deal

PLUS i had to go back to HRB and paying them suckers $125

i just took a peek

the quicken basic 2001 still is unopened.....

:tdown

so now i mail all my rebates the very next day

Edited by Soulstation1

I just finished filling in the forms this afternoon. Signatures go on tomorrow. Then they're in the mail. The lack of deductions and my wife's retirement planning have made the completion of the forms significantly simpler. I also like those PDF files that you can fill in on the computer. The completed Federal forms can even be saved.

I, more than ever, dislike where the money does and does not go. But that's a subject for the political forum.

My taxes are so fucking complicated. Last year I filed Schedule A, B, D, E, and a couple other forms I didn't even know about 4562, 8582, etc. It will be the same this year. I'm about half done tonight.

I actually do them myself, but mostly because I would be too embarassed to show up with a couple dozen crumpled receipts to hand over to the CPA (but with rental property that's really the only way you know what you spent on repairs over the year).

Add to that New York State is still trying to audit me from 2002, even though I reported all my capital gains to them already as an in-state resident. It really burns me up.

I got a pleasant surprise last year where the IRS decided I paid too much and sent me a big check. I think they figured I was a Bush supporter and came up with some weird tax credit or recharacterized my income, cause according to the printed rules I was right on the money.

• 2 weeks later...