Che banned?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he compared Zionism to Necrophilia -

No Allen. I think you're thinking of the time

he called Jimmy Lyons a Zionist

(or was it that all Zionist were lions...hmmm...)

oh, shucks...I think I'll go have a lie in...

or maybe it was Dixieland and Zionism - both represent a popular historical movement, both have opened settlements on foreign territory, both have resorted to military action to preserve their gains (you know how those dixieland guys are always beating up beboppers and avant gardists), both advocate circumcision (don't ask how I know this) -

Edited by AllenLowe

FWIW, Che has already been banned from Jazzcorner. 

There's always Blue Note Europe, I guess.  :blink:  Looks like that may become the home for all the Bobby Fischers of the jazz BBS world.

That was quick. How did he manage to get himself banned within a couple of days? I guess his reputation preceeded him.

Probably after he started a short-lived thread about the death of the Pope entitled "The Pulp Is Dead".

Up and gone in less than 12 hours, I think.

.;;;lll

So what did Che do to get banned at JC, and is that officially a new record for quickest banning?  Is there a thread over there someone can point me to?

FWIW, Che has already been banned from Jazzcorner. 

There's always Blue Note Europe, I guess.  :blink:  Looks like that may become the home for all the Bobby Fischers of the jazz BBS world.

That was quick. How did he manage to get himself banned within a couple of days? I guess his reputation preceeded him.

Probably after he started a short-lived thread about the death of the Pope entitled "The Pulp Is Dead".

Up and gone in less than 12 hours, I think.

That was a serious post, Dan!

Edited by JSngry

I'm wondering if Che can read this forum while being banned, If so he must be proud of himself - He caused such a big havoc without even participating!!!

If I were Che, I would be proud of the fact that I left such a lasting impression on O since it looks like this thread is likely to go on for a while.

The offensive posts should stay. The followups to these posts show how they were received (and treated in due fashion) by the people here!

I agree. I read the archives for some months before signing up. Seeing how differences of opinion were handled helped me get a sense of this place: Quick wits, sharp tongues, and underlying decency. A winning combination, as far as I'm concerned.

Nicely stated, Indigo.

Like AB, I lurked at BNBB for some time before joining up. I guess some of us do that.

Not many here (any?) here old enough to get my previous post.

Old enough that it took some minutes of ransacking my memory to retrieve "Devine."

I'm not sure opening that cabinet in the brain was such a good idea -- images of Two-Ton Baker and Garfield Goose came flying out.

:blink:

I'm not sure opening that cabinet in the brain was such a good idea -- images of Two-Ton Baker and Garfield Goose came flying out.

:blink:

Mention of Two-Ton Baker brings back memories of an Ellington "master class" in Madison during the early '70s. Duke spotted Mr Baker in the audience and invited him onstage. Baker waddled to the lip of the stage and rolled onto it. Duke had to help him to his feet. It was one of the most uncomfortable spectacles I've witnessed.