The rip-off labels

chris

I have simply stopped buying EMI discs, but I'm afraid I'm quite alone.

Not alone. I now find it quite easy to ignore all EMI jazz issues and reissues. I don't even consider them. It's not as if there is nothing else in the shops.

Likewise, since its introduction in 2003 I've only bought a handful of EMI discs from the US and none here in the UK. Lost sales, but I'm not sure if they care !!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

Interesting thread. Don't want to dig up any old controversies, but this seemed like the right place to ask.

Does anyone have any information on the Documents (not Document) label? I have a Teddy Wilson set released by the label. Says on the discs "distributed by TIM The International Music Company AG, out of Hamburg, Germany. A web address on the back of the jewel cases -- www.timcompany.com -- is a dead end.

All of the material is outside the 50-year limit for Europe. Anyone ever hear of this outfit?

My Membran sets are kept in my car and are being used for on-the-road listening. The sound quality is good enough for that!

Agreed. It's a chance to pile through some stuff you might not otherwise get to. That said, the Quadromanias I've had were only half full on each disc, so were less bargainous than first appeared, given the low production values, invariably broken box etc. Still, they are as cheap as a magazine and you can always chuck them once you have skipped through them.