BFT #26 sign up thread

John B

I realize I am jumping the gun a bit, since the answers to BFT #25 have not been posted, but I want to minimize any delays and have my discs ready to mail out as soon as BFT #25 wraps up.

This test will only be one disc. There is a "theme," but the disc can (hopefully) be enjoyed with no knowledge of what connects the tracks.

If you are interested in participating please send me a PM with your name and address, and I'll post a running list of signups here. Also, if you are outside of the United States and would be willing to assist with distribution in your country, I would appreciate it!

Members signed up:

King Ubu

Dan Gould

Nate Dorward

Stefan Wood

brownie

Bright Moments

Hardbopjazz

Jim Dye

mikeweil

MartyJazz

cannonball-addict

Durium

Д.Д.

Chaney

tooter

randyhersom

marcoliv

couw

EKE BBB

Eloe Omoe

indigo

dutchmanx

Man With the Golden Arm

Jim R

fent99

catesta

.:.impossible

Noj

Clunky

Geoff

Edited by John B

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I'm in!

Secondly, I may be confused, maybe we've gotten out of the groove due to the recent extended delay, but I thought signups start when the discussion starts, and shipping is sometime around the posting of answers to the current BFT? Since there will be sub-distributors in the States, I think its a very good idea to get things moving sooner rather than later.

Sending PM momentarily :)

First of all, I'm in!

Secondly, I may be confused, maybe we've gotten out of the groove due to the recent extended delay, but I thought signups start when the discussion starts, and shipping is sometime around the posting of answers to the current BFT?

If so, I'm right on time! As I recall, the most recent sign-up threads have not occured until answers from the previous test were posted. I agree that it makes more sense to take signups as discussions occur and mail the discs out once answers are posted.

First of all, I'm in!

Secondly, I may be confused, maybe we've gotten out of the groove due to the recent extended delay, but I thought signups start when the discussion starts, and shipping is sometime around the posting of answers to the current BFT?

If so, I'm right on time! As I recall, the most recent sign-up threads have not occured until answers from the previous test were posted. I agree that it makes more sense to take signups as discussions occur and mail the discs out once answers are posted.

I would say you *are* right on time! Neither jumping the gun nor being late.

Dan: maybe you didn't notice that several of the European subscribers only got their #25 sets four or five days ago (also I assume a few are still waiting?) - thus John is perfectly in schedule, as far as I'm concerned!

not jumping the gun what-so-ever. 

single disc will be nice and refreshing and as it should be from here out!!! :D

will PM soon.

Wait 'til you get mine, four cds is going to feel like a picnic. :g

I bet you will make AOL look like amateurs...

It contains 4000 CDs, weighs at least 150 pounds, barely fits through doors, and plugs into an electical outlet.

Have yet to finish homework on the ful  BFT 25! Not ready yet for the next one. Oh, OK one disc... Sigh of relief... PM being sent!

same here - after 4 days with 10 performances of a theatre production I was in, finally some time to finish my examination of # 25 - had to interrupt after half of the tracks.

Looking very much forward to the next, seems we're rolliing again. :tup

Well, I don't think there's ever any harm in getting the signup started earlier rather than later.  We've gone by the start of the discussion in the past.  I mean, it may be disconcerting to have not received the current one and have a new signup started, but that doesn't at all mean that the next one is shipping before the previous one runs its course!

But the longer for signups, the more people who sign, I always say.

Yes, I agree - however, I thought you were jumping a bit at John becasue Rooster had a chaotic oranisation going on, that's why I weighed in. No offense!

I've started mailing out the non-US discs so that everyone is able to have a chance to hear the disc before discussion starts. I'll start mailing out US copies next week, but will hold off on starting discussion until Rooster Ties has a chance to post the answers to his test.