Tv Shows On Dvd

Scrubs has an excellent balance to it. It's genuinely, laugh out loud funny and the frequent little fantasy schticks in JD's mind are great. The show expertly balances this with its treatment of real issues in life and relationships and can be very poignant at times. It's a wonderful show.

Edited by mikelz777

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evangeline Lily indeed!

evangeline.jpg

Lost is one of those shows where you can't or shouldn't miss a single episode. That was the beauty of having seen it on DVD for the first time because you could watch it without fear of missing it, on your own scheduled time. Plus you didn't have to wait a week to see what happened. I was the one who was initially curious as to what the whole buzz surrounding the show was about and my whole family ended up being hooked. It took us about a week to get through the entire first season.

Oh I definitely agree that seeing the shows on dvd would be beneficial. . . I hate those cliffhangers most of the time.

I did that with Alias, never watched the shows til Season 5, the final one, but during the year of Season 4 I watched all three previous seasons on dvd, then Season 4 on dvd right as Season 5 began, taping Season 5 until I caught up. It was a great way to watch Alias as opposed to week by week. Too bad they show really started to go downhill after about Season 3.

My wife had no interest in Alias, zilch, so I never got to watch it as broadcast as it conflicted with what she wanted to see. But she DOES like Lost. I think she likes to watch Sawyer and Jack.

Edited by jazzbo

Not many in the collection:

- Mind Your Language (my all time favourite sitcom)

- Bewitched First & Second seasons (colour version)

- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett)

- The Jeffersons First Season

These are on the next to get list:

- Fantasy Island First Season

- The Honeymooners 39 classic episodes

- The Jeffersons Second - Fifth Seasons

- Benny Hill :)

Also, just got these two discs of 30s animation shorts

(Cartoons That Time Forgot Vols.1&2)

88891.jpg88892.jpg

I am currently finishing up season 2 of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Season 3 is much better, and season 4 is the best!

I agree about season 3 -- I've seen 5 episodes so far, and it has much more depth than most of the earlier episodes.

Guy

This series really started to hit its stride in Season 3.

22_9.JPGcd_9.JPG

These were coming down in price so I had to pick them up to compliment the first season. These used to be $99.00 a pop and that was finding them at a good price! I got season 1 at a price significantly cheaper than $99.00, but still paid about the same as I just paid for seasons 2&3 combined!

Some of the other stuff in my collection:

-The Definitive Twilight Zone 1-3

-I Love Lucy 1 and 4

-Rocky and Bullwinkle 1-2

-The Office 1-2 (BBC)

-Quantum Leap 1

-Mary Tyler Moore Show 1

-Bob Newhart Show (w/Susanne Pleshett) 1

-Northern Exposure 1 and 3

-Jonny Quest--->I used to really dig this show as a kid and tried to get my kids interested in it but they were pretty indifferent. Maybe it's because they are girls. I should probably sell it for CD money.

Edited by mikelz777

22_9.JPGcd_9.JPG

These were coming down in price so I had to pick them up to compliment the first season. These used to be $99.00 a pop and that was finding them at a good price! I got season 1 at a price significantly cheaper than $99.00, but still paid about the same as I just paid for seasons 2&3 combined!

I've seen these for as low as $50.00. Personally, I think you can completely skip season three unless you're a completist.

22_9.JPGcd_9.JPG

I've seen these for as low as $50.00. Personally, I think you can completely skip season three unless you're a completist.

I got them both new for $71.00. Season 3 is not without its weaknesses, but certainly not bad enough to dismiss the entire season. Good or bad, the original Star Trek had its own special brand of cheesy appeal. "Spectre of the Gun" was in season 3 and was one of my all time favorites. "The Tholian Web" was also another good one. I even liked the ridiculous "The Way to Eden" with all the hippies hijacking the ship. It cracked me up and it's such a representative product and reflection of the times.

Same here; love that hippie episode! :lol:

I must admit, I enjoy the original series more for the cheese factor than for the quality factor. But don't tell the trekkies; I only enjoy lynch mobs when I'm in the mob!

That's one of the beauties of the original series, the cheese factor only became better over time. Watching it is kind of like eating comfort food for me, it reminds me of weekend reruns I watched as a child. And who else on the planet would have made a better Kirk than William Shatner who somehow mastered that fine alchemy which perfectly balanced the ham, cheese and quality in acting? I was watching an episode from the first season where Kirk was startled by someone or something entering the room when he sprung into action by executing this horribly slow and awkward somersault roll ending in some kind of defense pose which had me laughing out loud. It's only because it was done with such seriousness, deliberate intent and with such purpose that it qualifies as such top-quality, grade-A cheese perfectly blended with the right amount of humor whether it was intended or not.

I watch most current tv shows but The Wire is in a class of it's own. I've copied very show and regard it as one of the greatest tv shows ever.

I'm bewildered at the appeal of Lost and think it's a total waste of time for everone except the producers who are making a megaton of money.

I watch most current tv shows but The Wire is in a class of it's own. I've copied very show and regard it as one of the greatest tv shows ever.

I'm bewildered at the appeal of Lost and think it's a total waste of time for everone except the producers who are making a megaton of money.

I'm beginning to agree with you about Lost. The first season was great. The second season had it's moments but it became almost a parody of the mediocre elements of the first season and they killed off Michelle Rodriguez. Which bites.

This new season is boring me and going off on tangents I don't care about. But Evangeline the naughty bunny is still on the show. . . .

http://www.egotastic.com/entertainment/cel...nny-001128#more

I've seen seasons 1 and 2 and tend to agree. But I've heard bad things about the 3rd season. Have you seen it, and if so, what are your thoughts?

I got them both new for $71.00.

Wow, that really is a good deal! I wonder if I could find the first two seasons of The Bob Newhart Show for that.

Easily. You can get both from deepdiscountdvd.com for $44.50. With your savings, you can also buy season three and still have change in your pocket.

If you are interested, I have a "like new" copy of season 1 I can sell you for $17.50 delivered. I'm looking to scrape up some new CD money.

Edited by mikelz777

I got them both new for $71.00.

Wow, that really is a good deal! I wonder if I could find the first two seasons of The Bob Newhart Show for that.

Easily. You can get both from deepdiscountdvd.com for $44.50. With your savings, you can also buy season three and still have change in your pocket.

If you are interested, I have a "like new" copy of season 1 I can sell you for $17.50 delivered. I'm looking to scrape up some new CD money.

I'll PM ya!

I've seen seasons 1 and 2 and tend to agree. But I've heard bad things about the 3rd season. Have you seen it, and if so, what are your thoughts?

As you liked seasons one and two it's hard to imagine you not liking season three or four as it is all a continuation of the mainstory, gradually widening it's scope to take in more of the political shenanigans, which are closely tied in with the internal politics of the police dept.

The fourth season also takes us into the classrooms of the broken Baltimore education system to introduce another perspective on the corner gangs. Major league great tv even if I have to watch some parts twice to catch all the nuance and , at times, difficult dialect. I'm a Brit.