discographical ques on H. Mobley set

okay... so I'm looking at the Mosaic site and one of the reasons I had ruled out getting this set was I have several Mobley Blue Note Cd's....

the title of the box says the "Complete Blue Note Hank Mobley Fifties Sessions" and the discographical info on their site says the following:

"Album index:

BLP 5066 The Hank Mobley Quartet

(J)CJ28-5128 CD reissue of above

BLP 1540 Hank Mobley Sextet

BLP 1544 Hank Mobley And His All-Stars

BLP 1550 Hank Mobley Quintet

B2-46816 CD reissue of above

BLP 1560 Hank

BLP 1568 Hank Mobley

(J) BN 61006 Curtain Call

(J) GXF 3066 Poppin'

BLP 1574 Peckin' Time

B2-81574 CD stereo reissue of above"

I have "Peckin' Time and ... His All-Stars' on CD... Is this set worth the other 7 sessions???

I assume there's no new material... just the 9 alternate takes the website mentions?

Is this set worth the other 7 sessions???

Wow, I'm surprised you haven't been mobbed here. ^_^ YES. Not only is it worth getting the other sessions you don't have, but it's a fantastic value. Some of the other titles being Japan-only on CD, it could get very expen$ive to get them later if you decided against the Mosaic. I had already bought them all (except for "Quartet"/5066, which was a bitch to find on CD in the days before mini-LP's), and I still couldn't resist buying the Mosaic.

you all are making me feel better... I had my order in already for the Mulligan + the Brookmeyer Select... and then decided to give another listen to the Cd's I had and decided that the Mulligan was going to be around a lot longer than the Mobley. So I called Mosaic and changed the order.... so I'm due to get both the Mobley and the Brookmeyer select....

:phew:

I hope I don't regret this.....

:unsure: