July '05 Mosaic Running Low & Last Chance

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'm still waiting on mine, ordered over 5 weeks ago and sent by airmail.

This was precisely what I'd hoped to avoid , the set going OOP whilst mine was in transit. Mosaic are now apologetic and have set in motion a "postal investigation", who knows, but certainly this is without doubt the most annoying order I've placed. I'm sure it'll work out in the end ( he said hopefully) !!!

It might be worth asking Mosaic if they could put a reserve copy on hold for you Clunky until it turns up. Not sure if they will but worth a shot.

I don't think I've ever had a package from Mosaic go AWOL (he says with fingers crossed) so should hopefully turn up eventually. Maybe the holiday season has impacted the postal service?

It might be worth asking Mosaic if they could put a reserve copy on hold for you Clunky until it turns up. Not sure if they will but worth a shot.

I don't think I've ever had a package from Mosaic go AWOL (he says with fingers crossed) so should hopefully turn up eventually. Maybe the holiday season has impacted the postal service?

Likewise first time here , only known 2 packages get lost in 7 years and I'm doubtful that those were actually ever sent. I have no doubt that Mosaic dispatched this to me but wonder if it's gone surface in stead of airmail in which case it would be another 4 weeks or more before the outer marker for surface delivery is reached. What a nuisance. I believe that a copy is reserved for me if it fails to turn up. The question is just how long I'm prepared to wait before creating a fuss etc.

Everybody lives in the past more often than not. The future's always yet to come, and as soon as you recognize the present, it's already become the past. I mean, this "in the moment shit sounds like a great idea, and if you can really, really get there, it is, but only for some things. Try pushing a lawnmower or washing dishes while being totally "in the moment".

Time, as the man said, is what keeps everything from happening all at once. What's a mutha to do?

Everybody lives in the past more often than not. The future's always yet to come, and as soon as you recognize the present, it's already become the past. I mean, this "in the moment shit sounds like a great idea, and if you can really, really get there, it is, but only for some things. Try pushing a lawnmower or washing dishes while being totally "in the moment".

Time, as the man said, is what keeps everything from happening all at once. What's a mutha to do?

Hey, doesn't this belong in the "Is Sangry Over Philosophized" thread?

Anita, like her uvula, is GONE!

Thank G-d! I was getting really sick of debating whether to get this set even though none of her recordings that I've heard have turned me. Nonetheless, I considered getting this set purely on the hope that either (1) I would all of a sudden start liking her (which of course could happen), or (2) I would someday decide to part with it and would be able to sell it for big $$$. Buying something as expensive as the Anita set simply in hope that I might like it makes me feel like a fool for spending so much on something I have no reason to believe I'll like (other than the resounding endorsement of many on this board), and buying it so I can maybe sell it later for a big profit makes me feel like the sort of capitalist that I don't want to be.

Besides, there are so many sets I'm considering getting that I think I'd like so much more and don't have (i.e., JJJ, Turrentine, Jazz Crusaders, etc.), that now I go back to deciding which of those to pick up next without the threat of missing out on a set that I never considered getting before it hit the last chance list.

jbb

P.S. Does this sound like sour grapes or am I making some good points?

Besides, there are so many sets I'm considering getting that I think I'd like so much more and don't have (i.e., JJJ, Turrentine, Jazz Crusaders, etc.), that now I go back to deciding which of those to pick up next without the threat of missing out on a set that I never considered getting before it hit the last chance list.

Better move on that JJJ set next, and soon. "Running Low" can turn into "Last Chance" can turn into OOP fairly quickly. I moved on it, and am very glad I did. A lot of terrific music, and even more enjoyable than I had anticipated. :tup

Thank G-d! I was getting really sick of debating whether to get this set even though none of her recordings that I've heard have turned me. Nonetheless, I considered getting this set purely on the hope that either (1) I would all of a sudden start liking her (which of course could happen), or (2) I would someday decide to part with it and would be able to sell it for big $$$. Buying something as expensive as the Anita set simply in hope that I might like it makes me feel like a fool for spending so much on something I have no reason to believe I'll like (other than the resounding endorsement of many on this board), and buying it so I can maybe sell it later for a big profit makes me feel like the sort of capitalist that I don't want to be.

jbb

This is an EXCELLENT rationalization.

So, don't feel TOO guiltiy about missing out on one of the great Mosaic sets ever produced. ^_^:D:g

I can't recommend the JJJ set highly enough! Grab it while you can.

I'm sure this is a great set. I just don't think I could handle that much trombone. I got the Curtis Fuller box when it was Running Low. I realized then that I'm not much of a fan of trombone as a lead instrument.

I can't recommend the JJJ set highly enough! Grab it while you can.

I'm sure this is a great set. I just don't think I could handle that much trombone. I got the Curtis Fuller box when it was Running Low. I realized then that I'm not much of a fan of trombone as a lead instrument.

I hear ya, BFrank. However, this set also features Bobby Jaspar, the Heath & Jones bros., Tommy Flanagan, Wilbur Little, Paul Chambers, Max Roach, Nat Adderley, Cedar Walton, Clifford Jordan, Victor Feldman, Freddie Hubbard, among others too, which is why I have chosen it to be my first Mosaic since I dropped the ball on Byrd/Adams.

jbb

Hey there, jbb! Your sentiments echo mine exactly.