I'm engaged!!!!!

Engaged but not married right?...  Good, then it's not too late!!! :o

Just kidding, congratulations!  It sure is good to find the right woman isn't it?  My wife was one of those I thought I couldn't do without.  Seven years and three kids later I'm sure of it.

She's fantastic. You know, I had kinda just said "to hell with it all" before I met her. I turned down dates, I just wasn't at all interested in meeting or hanging with anyone. I wrote a lot more and practiced a lot more, but outside of a few friends, I had no interest in being linked with anyone romantically.

And then, all of the sudden, out of nowhere comes this woman who loves many of the same things that I do, that thinks that Vandermark is boring because he isn't willing to take enough chances musically (I busted out some Anthony Braxton, she dug that...), digs all of my friends, actually finds my quirks either amusing and/or adorable, is smart, thinks about religion the same way I do, reads the newspaper with fervor, and is just awesome in every way, and yet, in the ways in which it would be adventageous for her to be different, she is.

So, yeah, I have found the woman that I do believe is absolutely perfect for me.

Thanks for all of the kind words, folks!!!

Engaged but not married right?...  Good, then it's not too late!!! :o

Just kidding, congratulations!  It sure is good to find the right woman isn't it?  My wife was one of those I thought I couldn't do without.  Seven years and three kids later I'm sure of it.

She's fantastic. You know, I had kinda just said "to hell with it all" before I met her. I turned down dates, I just wasn't at all interested in meeting or hanging with anyone. I wrote a lot more and practiced a lot more, but outside of a few friends, I had no interest in being linked with anyone romantically.

And then, all of the sudden, out of nowhere comes this woman who loves many of the same things that I do, that thinks that Vandermark is boring because he isn't willing to take enough chances musically (I busted out some Anthony Braxton, she dug that...), digs all of my friends, actually finds my quirks either amusing and/or adorable, is smart, thinks about religion the same way I do, reads the newspaper with fervor, and is just awesome in every way, and yet, in the ways in which it would be adventageous for her to be different, she is.

So, yeah, I have found the woman that I do believe is absolutely perfect for me.

Thanks for all of the kind words, folks!!!

You do know that all those things you're so happy about are going to change, right?

But anyway, congratulations and best of luck!

You do know that all those things you're so happy about are going to change, right?

But anyway, congratulations and best of luck!

Well, yeah. I've seen enough marriages around me both survive and fail to know that things are different when the ring turns from engagement ring to wedding band.

However, I also know that if two people are well matched, they will be able to stare down adversity as a team. People change. Sometimes they change on their own, and sometimes they are forced to change. But I also know that the human will is strong enough that if two people want something to work, that it will, changes and warts and all.

No argument from me.

I'm married to the woman that moved me more than any other woman, I don't know how to live without her now.

We've been through awful illness (on her part) that actually separated us. . . and we had a chance to not be in each others' lives and we put our life together together again and it has been just the building blocks we needed.

I think many people wonder what their life would be like without the other sometimes. . . . Well I KNOW what it's like.

I hope you have this sort of marriage JP without the tragic part . . . !