Moderators: when is enough enough?

AllenLowe

Can’t believe I’m wading into this again, but in the name of sanity, Clem’s "fo real yo, how can a question like ‘you payed them, right?’ set the dude off? it's called a gig-- you pay yr musicians. whuh?" deserves a plaque in the Hall of Disingenuous Remarks. Setting "the dude off" was the obvious intent of Clem’s original words: "on Roz & Julius H.: uh, well... you $$$ PAYED THEM $$$ right?"

Oh -- I get it. Clem is channeling Joel Chandler Harris.

All I know is that when I saw Larry on American Idol last week, he was clearly faking his avant-garde farfisa organ credentials.

Guy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't realize that this had picked up again - thanks, Larry, for pointing that out - yes, I was quite offended by Clem's remarks, though, of course, they were intended to offend me in a way that goes beyond garden variety insult - and as I pointed out, that got a little too personal, these guys are friends as well as colleagues, it's like me telling Clem I've spotted his wife turning tricks downtown -

and Clem's at it again - I never called Annette a talentless junkie - this is just bizarre - I think she's an interesting musician - (must be confusing my labeling of his posts as "talentless junk")

Edited by AllenLowe

Just found this - from my old post, it was in the middle of a discusion about Francis Davis: from 4/24/05:

"So he criticized Peacock, a pretensious, if talented, 60's junkie?"

2) So he criticized Peacock, a pretensious, if talented, 60's junkie? Who gives a fuck? And he was correct, anyway -

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...15entry347255

Allen Lowe is right, he didn't say "talentless".

Fun thread!