Moderators: when is enough enough?

AllenLowe

so far, in a parallel thread here, Clementine has called me a "douche" and a "jackoff," has repeatedly attacked me personally, has slandered me professionally and basically slimed on my reputation - can I assume this is just Organissimo business as usual, or do I have a real grievance here? I ain't perfect, but I know when I've gone too far; clearly Clementine has no such self-limits -

Edited by AllenLowe

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this going on in the Politics forum? (I don't "see" that forum) I hadn't even known Clementine had been back. So I can't say if Clem has gone beyond the bounds here or not, but it sure as heck would be no skin off my nose, or any great loss to this community, if he went the way of Aric and Greg.

it's the Bill Frisell thread - and I gotta admit that what bothers me, in addition to what he's doing, is that I find myself doing the same in response - it's a very ugly circle, and, if you're a hot-head like me, a dangerous game. But I think enough ought to be enough; I really don't appreciate the personal comments that don't just relate to my opinions but to my whole professional reputation - and, unlike Clem, when I fight this out, I don't hide behind some pseudo-hip mask of anonymity -

well, yes and no, couw, and thanks for proving me correct in so many ways - my disagreement with you was over your little tweaks at me whenever I made a comment you did not like, and you've backed off, as have I - and you will remember that I deleted one thread that got too personal - unlike you I have no desire to re-live that, or make it personal once more - until now you've gone your own way and I've gone mine - so, no, there is nothing ironic about this situation (unless you count how your current comment proves me correct in retrospect) -

also, couw, you don't seemed to find it convenient to remember that I sent you a personal email at that time to try to reconcile our personal battle - which, as you may also recall, you felt free to ignore -

Edited by AllenLowe

Allen: Did you ask the moderators -- via the private messaging system -- about their possibly taking some sort of action against clem and did you not receive a response? Is that why you felt it necessary to begin this thread?

What goes around comes around. While Allen may not have called Clementine a douche in the "Where's Clementine" thread (while Clementine was away from the board), I seem to recall endless digs & snipes at him and his character.

Why don't you just ignore him, as some of us here enjoy what he has to say. I'm still running (er, more like strolling as I've been slow about it) down his list of country recs from way back.

also, couw, you don't seemed to find it convenient to remember that I sent you a personal email at that time to try to reconcile our  personal battle - which, as you may also recall, you felt free to ignore -

That email exchange took place in a whole other context and was indeed very friendly and went like that both ways. There is no need to twist and look for excuses for your crappy behaviour of days gone by.

I was commenting on your obviously getting the idea that it really utterly sucks to get personal insults thrown at you for no apparant reason. You were an utter troll yourself in a not too distant past and so yes, one could say this is pretty ironic. I am not laughing though and I hope Clem deletes his crap like you deleted yours. Have a beer on me.

Allen,

Just put him on your ignored users list.

As far as personal attacks... I don't think what Clem's done has yet crossed the line in terms of the board rules, just in terms of good taste. That said, these kinds of catfights are annoying to the rest of us. Can't people carry them out via PM?

Guy

Edited by Guy

I have taken no personal snipes at Clem prior to this, that I recall (if I have I'm willing to look at the evidence and confess accordingly)- I have merely had the gall to disagree with Clem.

COUW, there was nothing crappy about my behavior - you behaved nastily, had a nack for putting a gratuitous response to things I posted, and the email I wrote was an attempt at preventing escalation. That was the way I saw it, though clearly not the way you viewed it - but it ended - so what purpose was served by your bringing it up here again as a way to divert this to an attack on me?

and no, I did not approach the moderators privately; I was not aware that this could be done -

Edited by AllenLowe

there is a line here that I think was crossed - it's one thing for someone on his board to tell me I'm full of shit - that would not thrill me, but I don't think it would be out of line in a spirited intellectual/musical discussion. It is another to basically raise certain questions about me personally, my profession, and my motivations. That is a much different thing and, IMHO, out of line and contrary to the spirit of this forum -

Edited by AllenLowe

Forum Rules - PLEASE READ!

**DISCLAIMER!** The messages posted on these forums express the views of the author of the message, and not necessarily the views of this bulletin board or the band Organissimo.

Welcome, and thank you for visiting the Organissimo Forums. We hope to be your number one spot on the internet to discuss the band, jazz, music, and more!

As with any society, members of the Organissimo Forums must abide by a set of rules. Our rules are as follows:

1) The Organissimo Forums support free speech although the definition of that speech is defined by the owners and operators of this board. We reserve the right to edit, delete, or moderate any post we deem inappropriate at any time.

2) Anything judged to be a direct personal threat towards another member of this board will be deleted and the offender may face banning. The definiton of "threat" is determined by our moderators.

3) We do not tolerate offensive material. This includes all posts, links, signatures and avatars.The definition of "offensive" is determined by the moderators.

4) Flame wars will not be tolerated! We rarely delete threads, but we do have the power to close them so that no new posts can be added. If a thread degrades to the point that we deem it necessary, we will close it.

5) We do not allow multiple memberships or aliases: We allow one account per person. Anyone found to have multiple accounts will have one or more of those accounts deleted and face possible banning.

If you would like to discuss these rules and/or a possible violation of them, please do not hesitate to contact us at forum@organissimo.org

Thank you and enjoy your stay!

--- Organissimo ---

there is a line here that I think was crossed - it's one thing for someone on his board to tell me I'm full of shit - that would not thrill me, but I don't think it would be out of line in a spirited intellectual/musical discussion. It is another to basically raise certain questions about me personally, my profession, and my motivations. That is a much different thing and, IMHO, out of line and contrary to the spirit of this forum -

It is another to basically raise certain questions about me personally, my profession, and my motivations.

Is criticizing the critic not allowed?

well, you can criticize the critic for missing a point, for being wrong, for not understanding something - but to call him a douche and other assorted insults, to say that his problems are personal (like he's too intellectualy fucked up to know right from wrong and that professionally he's the equivalent of a pimp) is not really the same thing-

sorry, Chuck, I'm working on several fronts tonight - in the big picture I don't really care if Clem is on this forum or not - maybe this has been a good way to let off some steam - but let me give you an equivalent - I know you were very close to Lester Bowie. If I happened to say in some post, as we argued, "hey did you really have any relationship woth Bowie or did you PAY HIM?" (read Clem's reference to this per me and Rudd and Hemphill) - well than, Chuck you would be quite offended. Hemphill was a wonderful guy, I still grieve for what was a very untimely death, I recorded with him twice (a third recording was cancelled when he got sick at the end), and I spent time with him in his last days and I was utterly devastated by his death. Clem's glib reference to this has upset me quite a bit, but I'm over it now and that's that.

Edited by AllenLowe