for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

Apologies to those who were trying to avoid these deals but they have some new ones!

The Coltrane Prestige @ €50 (502933)

The Oscar Peterson Pablo @ €30 (502936)

The Rollins Prestige @ €30 (502934)

The Tatum Groups @ €25 (500881)

The MJQ Prestige + Pablo @ €7.99 (!) (500118)

They still have the Gordon Prestige @ €40 (500733).

Now if they would just sell the Joe Henderson Milestone at that kind of price then we can all retire happy.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I wonder if I place another order if it will show up before my old one does?? :angry::(

If you do, can I piggyback something on it and pay for shipping from Corpus to Philly? :P:unsure::ph34r:

They are quite good at combining orders so if they've actually not sent yours ( :tdown ) you might save on the shipping.

Every cloud and all that...

Cookin', Relaxin', Workin' and Steamin' (but not The New Miles Davis Quintet) are available from 2001 in a 4 CD box set, supposedly with original cover art as it seems to consist of the old (ZYX?) separate CDs. The price is €15 (500667).

For those who don't want to wait for the new 3CD box, don't mind the ZYX remasters (however they are), can do without the fifth album... and don't want to spend much money! :)

Link to picture of the box (not from 2001, but it appears to be the same)

http://www.kind-of-blue.de/bilder/boxen/mi...min_box_set.jpg

Appears to be the 16 bit remasters, which are said to sound OK, aren't they?

Hi dear 2001 Box set maniacs !

As I was offline for a while on business trip to Asia (with very limited access to online resources) I've seen that you found the good news from 2001 already yourselve with the Coltrane obvioulsy no longer listed online. I'm happy that most of you are now able to pefectly buy goods in german online stores :D

For those who might have overlooked this (500887as par tnumber when directly entered to the card ) here

f45757eef61.jpg

for a crazy 5€ to go....

Cheers, Tjobbe

The Coltrane for sure is a big box, the Tatum I doubt that this was released in big box format at all, as having the previously sold Tatum Group box and that had been a small box with small sized booklet only. The music still is fine and worth buying. I'm expecting my delivery to be here early next week incl the MJQ one.

EDIT: the Oscar is small sized anyway. The "Record Story" boxes..don't know, I haven't seen them yet and I'm not sure if I should get them as with the Peterson having anyway to much of him in my collection.

Cheers, Tjobbe

Edited by tjobbe

The Coltrane for sure is a big box, the Tatum I doubt that this was released in big box format at all, as having the previously sold Tatum Group box and that had been a small box with small sized booklet only. The music still is fine and worth buying.

Both the Tatum Solo and Group Masterpieces CD sets were originally released in LP-sized boxes, and later repackaged in the CD-sized boxes. I have both of them in the LP-sized boxes - the large booklet is nice, but you practically need a crowbar to pry the jewel cases free from the plastic box inserts.

FYI: just found the Coltrane BigBox (see this LINK showing the packaging) in LP size on my desk, looks great, as well as the MJQ 4er come in a hard-box and is a big surprise to me. The Miles Davis 4 CD box contains the the orginal end-of-80's US mastering...

Best regards, Tjobbe

Received the Tatum Group box this afternoon, and to my delight it is the LP sized version.

I used to shy away from this because of 1) the price and 2) Tatum's overwhelming virtuosity, but it turned out I can take it much better now.

Glad I filled this gap in my collection.

Fnac.com have a Vogue Jazz box set (10 cds) for €20

@ornette: does that box contain regular Vogue remasters also available as individual CD's ?

Cheers, Tjobbe

it looks like a compilation

http://www.fnac.com/Shelf/article.asp?PRID=1803192

or does it?

disk 10 = Barney Wilen Tilt,

disk 9 = Martial Solal Vol 1,

disk 8 = Henri Renaud All Stars

disk 6 = Gerry Mulligan Pleyel Vol 1 (+2 cuts)

disk 5 = Thelonious Monk Piano Solo

disk 4 = Lionel Hampton Paris All Stars

disk 3 = Dizzy Gillespie Pleyel Jazz Concert 1953

disk 2 = Clifford Brown Complete Paris Vol. 1

Edited by couw

it looks like a compilation

http://www.fnac.com/Shelf/article.asp?PRID=1803192

or does it?

disk 10 = Barney Wilen Tilt,

disk 9 = Martial Solal Vol 1,

disk 8 = Henri Renaud All Stars

disk 6 = Gerry Mulligan Pleyel Vol 1 (+2 cuts)

disk 5 = Thelonious Monk Piano Solo

disk 4 = Lionel Hampton Paris All Stars

disk 3 = Dizzy Gillespie Pleyel Jazz Concert 1953

disk 2 = Clifford Brown Complete Paris Vol. 1

thanks couw, so that's basically the collection of several individual Vogue albums than (as I'm after the Tilt and the Solal anyway making this a good deal than) so I'll have a look when I'm in Paris next week or the week after...

Cheers, Tjobbe

My 'big box' Coltrane also arrived today. Thanks to the German Friends for the heads-up.

The big suprise was with the Contemporary 4CD set. Put CD4 on the player and the quality of the sound and remastering leaves me speachless. Fantastic set, great track selection (everything from the Lighthouse All Stars to Woody Shaw) and a fascinating booklet with reminiscences from John Koenig (the set is book format like some of the Miles CBS sets). At 15 Euros highly recommended and a gem of a set!

The bargain MJQ box looks real nice too - haven't sampled that yet.

Just noticed also on their site that the Debut 4CD set is now on 'special' at an insane 8.99 and the Riverside set is still on for 4.99. Another order methinks :excited:

Now all we need if for Tjobbe to email us that they have in stock the latest Universal Mosaics, the Art Pepper Complete Village Vanguard, the Bill Evans 'Last Waltz' and Fantasy Box, all in big box format. Can you arrange it? :D:crazy::tup

Edited by sidewinder

Now all we need if for Tjobbe to email us that they have in stock the latest Universal Mosaics, the Art Pepper Complete Village Vanguard, the Bill Evans 'Last Waltz' and Fantasy Box, all in big box format. Can you arrange it? :D:crazy::tup

Don't think he can do that for the "Last Waltz" set--it never was in big box format. :rolleyes: