for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woops - apologies.

'Off with his head !' :D

Well, that would be a bit drastic, then... instead just let me mention that back in that *other* zweit/zyx-boxes sale two years or so ago, I *did* get the Evans Fantasy, for, if memory serves me right, around 15 euro-zlotys... that should be punishment enough :g

Outrageous ! :o

I think it had sold out before I got my order in...

My order also showed up - also the full size Art Pepper and Bill Evans sets with booklets plus the Dexter Gordon Prestige (highly recomended). There seems to be a bit of skipping on CD1 of the Dexter but from past experience 2001 should replace it.

Remastering on the Dexter Gordon, as with the other Fantasy/Prestiges, is another fine job by Kirk Felton

My order showed up this week (I was away, so it greeted me upon my return!). Anyway, it was the full size Wes Montgomery and Bill Evans Riverside boxes -- booklet and all. Really such a steal at those prices.

I received the Montgomery and the Pepper/Galaxy box sets and I'm (again) totally confused. These ARE ZYX masterings in big boxes! On some of the CD's is "ZYX" or "Mikulski" engraved (around the hole). :blink:

"Mikulski" is a no-go normally. But the sound is okay.

It looks as though the Bill Evans 'Last Waltz' is now sold out, although 'Consecration' is still available so I've put in an order for that one.

There's also the Miles Davis 1985 'Live In Montreal' DVD available for a whopping Eur 4.99 ! Notice also that that German language film 'Jazzclub' with Jimmy Woode is also listed in the 'Merkheft'.

Notice also that that German language film 'Jazzclub' with Jimmy Woode is also listed in the 'Merkheft'.

that's a great film! It's about the leader of a jazz trio (Teddy, played by Helge Schneider) playing in a club without an audience. To make the ends fit, Teddy has to take on additional jobs as gigolo (!), as newspaper boy and selling fish. Some hilarious scenes (if you like this kind of humour) and then some awesome playing in a Monkish vein. The trio dreams of being as famous as Earl Mobiley, a drummer who has vanished from the scene. The story ends in a Sun Ra fest.

This film had an even lower budget than the previous Helge fims, but that only adds to the tragical undertone.

Notice also that that German language film 'Jazzclub' with Jimmy Woode is also listed in the 'Merkheft'.

that's a great film! It's about the leader of a jazz trio (Teddy, played by Helge Schneider) playing in a club without an audience. To make the ends fit, Teddy has to take on additional jobs as gigolo (!), as newspaper boy and selling fish. Some hilarious scenes (if you like this kind of humour) and then some awesome playing in a Monkish vein. The trio dreams of being as famous as Earl Mobiley, a drummer who has vanished from the scene. The story ends in a Sun Ra fest.

This film had an even lower budget than the previous Helge fims, but that only adds to the tragical undertone.

Great. I'll bundle that one in with the next order.. :w

Has anyone noticed some distortion on tracks 1 & 2 of Disc 1: Wes Montgomery Riverside set?

I've just checked mine and they seem ok. Certainly didn't notice anything initially.

However the last track on cd 7 (Jingles) has skipping/distortion at the very end, which isn't meant to be there. There doesn't look to be any scratches or anything so it looks like it must be defective.

There seems to be a bit of skipping on CD1 of the Dexter but from past experience 2001 should replace it.

Sidewinder, which track on the Dexter Gordon did you have problems with? I'd like to check before I go back to them on the Montgomery.

Has anyone noticed some distortion on tracks 1 & 2 of Disc 1: Wes Montgomery Riverside set?

It may have to do with deteriorated tape, a problem with many Riverside tapes. Cheap material and poor storage.

Rather than putting up with the replacement procedure, I'd recommend buying the SACD version of that first Riverside organ trio session - the remastering is sooo much better!

The Dexter Gordon Prestige box I received from 2001 had two copies of disc 3!

If anybody purchasing the Dex box misses that disc, PM me!

Guy, did it still have all the other discs, or are you missing one? One of those Gordon Prestige boxes is currently making its way to me from 2001, so maybe that's my disc 3 you have! If so, I should use that as an excuse to come to Paris to pick it up. :rolleyes::w

Guy, did it still have all the other discs, or are you missing one? One of those Gordon Prestige boxes is currently making its way to me from 2001, so maybe that's my disc 3 you have! If so, I should use that as an excuse to come to Paris to pick it up. :rolleyes::w

Ron, the box all had the other discs plus that additional disc 3!

If you find yours missing, I'll mail it to you...

... but you're welcome to pick it up in beautiful Paris :)

... didn't anybody notice they also had this one:

Lightnin' Hopkins

THE COMPLETE PRESTIGE/Bluesville recordings 1960-64.

Prestige. 1991. 7 CDs 19,99 EUR. Nr. 29700

Another steal at that price!

Nobody got himself that one? You will regret it, it swings from beginning to end and is great fun to listen to!

B000000ZC4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Edited by mikeweil