New Ornette Coleman Album?!

ep1str0phy

It is the two bass group! I only wish someone had recorded the LA concert from a couple of years back--Ornette was a little more plangent than usual, and the version of "Lonely Woman" (with Cohen, Falanga, and Charlie Haden on bass) was just heartbreaking).

EDIT--Sound Grammar is an Ornette Coleman label. Looks like we really are getting a new record (it's about time).

Edited by ep1str0phy

I saw this group play at the Newport Jazz Festival (was it two summers ago already?). They were fantastic. Everything I was hoping and then some, of course. It's Ornette. I've probably talked about this elsewhere. Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Dave Holland, Brian Blade played the set after Ornette's. Pretty amazing stuff. Similar mood actually.

Ornette was wearing the best suit I've ever seen in person. It was a like a television test pattern. The music was just incredible.

6-1731-1026-1-7.jpg

It is the two bass group! I only wish someone had recorded the LA concert from a couple of years back--Ornette was a little more plangent than usual, and the version of "Lonely Woman" (with Cohen, Falanga, and Charlie Haden on bass) was just heartbreaking).

EDIT--Sound Grammar is an Ornette Coleman label. Looks like we really are getting a new record (it's about time).

I was sitting in about the fifth row center at Disney Hall. It was an AMAZING concert. After so many years Ornette was STILL able to THRILL 1/3 of the audience, CONFUSE another third and UPSET the remaining third. I'll bet 300 people walked out!! --including the couple next to me who I overheard say something like "just a buch of damn noise."

I was COMPLETELY enthralled from the first note. I would LOVE to hear this band on record!!!!

I was sitting in about the fifth row center at Disney Hall. It was an AMAZING concert. After so many years Ornette was STILL able to THRILL 1/3 of the audience, CONFUSE another third and UPSET the remaining third. I'll bet 300 people walked out!! --including the couple next to me who I overheard say something like "just a buch of damn noise."

I was COMPLETELY enthralled from the first note. I would LOVE to hear this band on record!!!!

Ha! You noticed the walkouts, too? Ornette is staying relevant, he is.