True Confessions!

gdogus

You guys are making me feel really good about my collection. It's not huge, but what's there is pretty choice. Certainly no major gaps as far as representation of "Giants," though a lot of filling in to do around the edges, I suppose.

I feel much the same, although one thing: When you say your collection is "not huge" I would ask, compared to what? It's all relative, and rest assured, your collection is huge compared to that of many people.

No doubt about that, but then I've only been collecting jazz seriously for about (gulp) 25 years!

Still, compared to many on this board, I bet my collection is at best, only medium-sized.

Edited by Kalo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you havent heard the new Kenny G where he lays tracks over On the Corner.

Are you serious man? You can't be serious. This can't be serious. No it's not serious. Ok, you had me for a minute.

In the words of Leon Trotsky, "Something must be done."

Is this the answer : http://www.thedeadkennygs.com

I don't know. Does anyone have any better ideas ?

Guest akanalog

i do not have any jazz from before about 1963-ish and any jazz from after 1985-ish.

i mean i did. but i have been trimming down the collection.

i still have a few early coltrane atlantic sides (my favorite coltrane for some reason...) and "blue moods" which is just about my favorite miles davis album. and jimmy smith "at the organ volume 2" which is just about my favorite blue note album. but otherwise...

I find this thread to be very telling.

It tells me we all have diffferent tastes, likes, dislikes, and things we have not yet discovered. Nothing wrong with that!

We have certain likes and dislikes and priorities when it comes to purchasing music that are reflective of who we are as people and how we view the world. Nothing at all wrong with that. It's just insightful is all...sometime predictably so.

It tells me we all have diffferent tastes, likes, dislikes, and things we have not yet discovered. Nothing wrong with that!

We have certain likes and dislikes and priorities when it comes to purchasing music that are reflective of who we are as people and how we view the world. Nothing at all wrong with that. It's just insightful is all...sometime predictably so.

And how do you think I view the world, johnny? Just what are you trying to turn this thread into?

Talk to Chuck if you are (unimaginably) interested in what music I purchase.

Did you happen to state the gaps in your collection yet, Johnny?

I want to read into your deficiencies! :P