That wacky Tom Cruise

Cruise: I'll eat placenta

TOM Cruise has claimed he will eat the PLACENTA after fiancée Katie Holmes has their baby.

The actor, 43 — who wants her to give birth in silence according to his Scientology cult rules — said: “I’m gonna eat the placenta, too.

“I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I’m going to eat the cord and the placenta right there.”

But when a GQ magazine interviewer said it would be a big meal, Cruise replied: “OK, maybe I won’t.”

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this 'give birth in silence' malarky.....it's just crap. No-one will dispute that Ms. Holmes wasn't howling like a banshee because all the clinical staff will have been given huge amounts of cash. I sat through the first 5 hours of my son's birth during which Joanne had no pain relief; after that the drugs started flowing for another 17 hours. Unless Katie has some kind of evolutionary advanced pelvis (albeit a very, very nice pelvis), I'm sure there'll be at least a few yowls.

There's a TV chef over here who cooked this stuff up on TV as an appetizer.

I kid you not ! :crazy::wacko:

Hugh Fearnley- Whatshisface?

I remember this 'earth-mother' type who wanted her friends to 'share' her childbirth experience.

TV Dinners? Was that the show?

Gross, but arguably no grosser than kopi luak.

There's a TV chef over here who cooked this stuff up on TV as an appetizer.

I kid you not ! :crazy::wacko:

Hugh Fearnley- Whatshisface?

I remember this 'earth-mother' type who wanted her friends to 'share' her childbirth experience.

TV Dinners? Was that the show?

That's the man and I think that was the programme.

He's toned down his recipes a bit since then, thankfully.

I tend to enjoy Tom Cruise as an actor. While he'll never be mistaken for Laurence Olivier, in the right role, e.g. "A Few Good Men", he's more than servicable. I also know that we live in a celebrity obsessed culture. Nonetheless, why is it that someone like Cruise can't just shut up. I don't care who he's interested in/dating/marrying/leaving, I don't care if he's gay or straight and I sure as hell don't care to know any more than I know right now about his eating habits. What scares me are those who think this kind of stuff is in some way newsworthy or even interesting. Are people's lives really so bereft of substance that this is what fills the void?

Up over and out.

Maybe he could have a hot plate set up so he can saute that mess in some olive oil with garlic. Maybe toss in some bowtie pasta for good measure. :blink:

i heard he was going to puree it and suck it down with that freshly snipped umbilical straw. so now what if he has a boy? gotta deep fry that garneesh.

deep fry it and it will taste like McDonald's. There's your answer. Use old, icky brown fat for that extra little yummy yumm.

There was a Saturday Night Live commercial from the 70s that never aired called Placenta Helper.

"Placenta Helper lets you stretch your placenta into a tasty casserole, Like Placenta Romanoff--a zesty blend of cheeses makes for the zingy sauce that Russian czars commanded at palace feasts" etc.

The last line was supposed to have been a voice-over from Don Pardo: "Placenta Helper--make a rare occasion, a rare occasion."

I tend to enjoy Tom Cruise as an actor. While he'll never be mistaken for Laurence Olivier, in the right role, e.g. "A Few Good Men", he's more than servicable. I also know that we live in a celebrity obsessed culture. Nonetheless, why is it that someone like Cruise can't just shut up. I don't care who he's interested in/dating/marrying/leaving, I don't care if he's gay or straight and I sure as hell don't care to know any more than I know right now about his eating habits. What scares me are those who think this kind of stuff is in some way newsworthy or even interesting. Are people's lives really so bereft of substance that this is what fills the void?

Up over and out.

My thoughts freakin' exactly, brother! In the paraphrased words of Gil Scott-Heron, 'when will Hooterville Junction cease to be so damned relevant!'

On the other hand, there's not a man alive that wouldn't eat Katie Holmes placenta if she offered it to you. :(

I'm alive. I wouldn't eat it.

She used to live here in Wilmington, which is were Dawson's Creek was filmed. My wife (girlfriend at the time) met her in a very empty coffee house one time. She certainly didn't seem like the type of girl who would get caught up in this type of stir.

This guy is just bizarre. I'm done caring. Oh, wait. I never did. Why am I typing? Must stop.