That wacky Tom Cruise

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to enjoy Tom Cruise as an actor. While he'll never be mistaken for Laurence Olivier, in the right role, e.g. "A Few Good Men", he's more than servicable.

:blink::wacko:

Huh? The only greater mismatch of actor and hack was Pacino and Keanu in "Devil's Advocate". And its not coincidental that both Nicholson and Pacino chewed the scenery in those films with greater gusto than anyone could have imagined.

Dan,

I am absolutely shocked to find that we disagree on the casting of AFGM. OK, if you didn't like Cruise as Lt. Kaffee, who would you have wanted in that role?

Up over and out.

anyone, except perhaps Keanu Reeves. Cruise is still a better actor than him.

Dan,

I am absolutely shocked to find that we disagree on the casting of AFGM. OK, if you didn't like Cruise as Lt. Kaffee, who would you have wanted in that role?

Up over and out.

Keanu Reeves is an actor? :huh:

Dan,

Up over and out.

Keanu Reeves is an actor? :huh:

He was quite good in Silent Running.

Oh wait; that was one of the trees...

Cruise & Holmes Baby Name Really Means ...

Language experts are amazed Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have named their baby daughter Suri because there is no record of the name meaning "Princess" in Hebrew. According to Hebrew linguists, Suri has only two meanings - one is a person from Syria and the other "go away" when addressed to a female.

Hebrew expert Jonathan Went says, "I think it's fair to say they have made a mistake here. There are variations of the way the Hebrew name for princess is spelt but I have never seen it this way."

Suri can also be translated into a Hindi boy's name, and it also means "pointy nose" in some Indian dialects and "pickpocket" in Japanese.

Cruise & Holmes Baby Name Really Means ...

Language experts are amazed Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have named their baby daughter Suri because there is no record of the name meaning "Princess" in Hebrew. According to Hebrew linguists, Suri has only two meanings - one is a person from Syria and the other "go away" when addressed to a female.

Hebrew expert Jonathan Went says, "I think it's fair to say they have made a mistake here. There are variations of the way the Hebrew name for princess is spelt but I have never seen it this way."

Suri can also be translated into a Hindi boy's name, and it also means "pointy nose" in some Indian dialects and "pickpocket" in Japanese.

Tom's already commented on this:

The thing that I'm saying about Jonathan Went is that there's misinformation, okay. And he doesn't understand the history of Hebrew names. He doesn't understand in the same way that you don't understand it, Aggie.