Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gut tells me that the Mavs have actually got a good chance tonight, especially if Jet feels the need to pay penance to his teammates.

Game 6 was a display of the "old Mavericks" limpdickness. Other team isn't hitting? NO PROBLEM - we'll not hit either! :bad:

Avery's been working on that bullshit all year, sometimes with better results than others. Tonight's the night to see if anybody's really learned anything this year. They can win. Whether they will or not...

Kurt Thomas is back for the Suns, which doesn't bode well for the Clips.

Didn't know Kurt was back but it doesn't matter now, Gamin' Kaman will get to dominate the post. Kurt has to have some rust. Generally trying to come back in the 7th game of a series does not work out for the player.

:bwallace:

Edited by BruceW

no kidding! could they have started out any better? That's about as good of a 1st quarter as you're ever gonna see, offensively.

Spurs seem to have forgotten how to play defense, which they WERE good at this year. I'm kinda surprised Pop hasn't tried putting another big man on the court alongside Duncan. At least help a little with the fast little guys cutting to the basket, maybe.

Hats off to the Mavericks for a great win tonight! I think this has been the best series in the playoffs this year, so far. Good luck vs. the Clips/Suns, and then hopefully versus the Pistons/Heat.

Regarding the Spurs, I think Van Exel didn't give them anything in the playoffs. Neither did Horry really. Finley was a solid pickup, but the Spurs didn't have enough firepower beyond their 3 stars to overcome the Mavs and their surprisingly deep bench. That said, I don't completely understand the decision to basically try to beat the Mavs at their style of ball. The Spurs' bread-and-butter is their defense, and they essentially abandoned it versus the Mavs. They looked like they were trying to play Phoenix Suns defense!

Go all the way, Mavs!

Edited by Aggie87

I thought that the Mavs were sunk as I watched Ginobli driving to the basket with time running out in regulation. When the ball fell away harmlessly, I could see the life drain out of Duncan's face.

While almost every player in the league whines and carries on when called for fouls, it is Duncan whose demeanor annoys me the most. What a whiney ass.

Go Mavs!

All I can say is, TAKE THAT, CHARLES MF BARKLEY!!!! Now shut your ass up! :g

That was a helluva game last night, and I really thought the Spurs were gonna provide the Mavs with the biggest upset in Mavs history. It was a nailbiter all the way. Best playoff series EVER, and I would've said that had the Mavs lost (although losing after a 20-point lead would have REALLY bit the big one).

Oh yeah, and Fuck YOU, Skip Bayless!!!! :g

Edited by Big Al

it is Duncan whose demeanor annoys me the most.

Duncan is a great player and teammate, and I'd have him on any team of mine w/o a moment's hesitation, but the man has a turtlehead.

It's Tony Parker whose ass I would like to stick a broomstick up. Motherfukkin' snideass little bitch.

Man, can't you guys be gracious winners?? :(:P

Cuban trashes the River Walk, calls the Spurs fans the worst in the NBA (they seem too mellow to me), and here you guys go, less than 24 hrs after surviving Game 7 (Spurs COULDA won at the end of regulation), and y'all are trashing Duncan and Parker. Enjoy your series against your next opponent, jeez...

Edited by Aggie87

Never have liked Tony Parker, never will. Ever.

Duncan, otoh, I dig. Very much in fact. The guy's a trip, what with his constant mind games. I dig athletes who are constantly mental. Seriously.

But he does have a turtlehead. No way around that. Still, he's on my team anytime.

it is Duncan whose demeanor annoys me the most.

Duncan is a great player and teammate, and I'd have him on any team of mine w/o a moment's hesitation, but the man has a turtlehead.

It's Tony Parker whose ass I would like to stick a broomstick up. Motherfukkin' snideass little bitch.

I reserve my sports hatred (which is not like real hatred or anything) for Manu Ginobili.

I'm guessing there are some folks in San Antonio who aren't too happy with him and his toreador antics either now that this series is in the books.

Edited by Joe

Man, can't you guys be gracious winners?? :(:P

Cuban trashes the River Walk, calls the Spurs fans the worst in the NBA (they seem too mellow to me),

Cuban's biggest problem is that hole right under his nose. Just when you think you can start taking him seriously again, he goes and shoots it off again. Has he not seen the wasteland where HIS team plays????