Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al - I agree with your sentiments on Bayless in general.

But Terry DID punch Finley...in the jewels. Here's the video:

Terry Punch

I don't think the league had a choice but suspend him.

edit - click on the "Slow Motion Look at Jason Terry's Punch" choice, for a better view and discussion...

Edited by Aggie87

Deeeeeeeeetroit Baller Fans,

What's up?

You guys feelin' alittle nervous?

Why ain't you guys talkin'......

Thinkin' of the NBA Finals??

:g:g:g:g:g:g

SS1, yeah we are nervous as hell. Pistons are blowing it big time. If they lose, they are going to disappear and leave all the explanations to Saunders. If they win, they will be lucky and should not puff out their chests, which they will do.

That call against Terry was bullshit, plain and simple. Not only does the tape NOT show Terry landing a punch to Finley, but it also shows THREE OTHER SPURS watching the same play. Didn't any of THEM have the guts to say something?

GO MAVS!!! FUCK SKIP BAYLESS!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

You are one blind man in absolute denial.

Al - I agree with your sentiments on Bayless in general.

But Terry DID punch Finley...in the jewels. Here's the video:

Terry Punch

I don't think the league had a choice but suspend him.

edit - click on the "Slow Motion Look at Jason Terry's Punch" choice, for a better view and discussion...

Yeah Al, look at the tape and be a man. Terry "punched" Finley where it hurts....

:bwallace:

Edited by BruceW

I'm sorry, I've watched that video over and over and I don't see where Terry was doing anything other than trying to get his bearings. He was on his back, people flying all over him, Finley was in the path of Terry trying to get himself together.

But, after watching it a whole bunch and especially in slow motion, I can see where they might see that as a legitimate punch.

I'm not sure this will ever be truly resolved. However, something else I thought of: if Bayless thinks that the Mavs have needed the refs to win this series, then he TRULY has not been paying attention to this series, which, regardless of who wins, oughta go down as one of THE fiercest, most competitive, most EXCITING playoff series EVER!

But again, that's Bayless for ya..... <_<

Yeah Al, look at the tape and be a man. Terry "punched" Finley where it hurts....

Geezus, who pissed in your Corn Flakes this morning?

No animosity there, you just seem to be completely convinced that there was no punch when "everybody" else saw it.

peace,

Geezus, who pissed in your Corn Flakes this morning?

No animosity there, you just seem to be completely convinced that there was no punch when "everybody" else saw it.

peace,

My apologies, brother; no animosity here, either. But that Bayless article reeeeeeeeeeeally pissed me off.

that film on jason terry was shot and EDITED by 5-0

:g

SS1 - the video on my link shows it a little better, I think. No telling how many different cameras are rolling at any point in a game, but it's a little different angle than the one on the youtube link.

Granted, I'm a Mavs fan, so you can take the following with however much salt you wish; but.....

Yes, Terry had his hand balled in a fist. Yes, Finley's crotch was right in the path of the fist. And yes, Terry's fist was headed in the general direction of Finley's nuts. But I still maintain that it was all "wrong place, wrong time;" there is lots of room for interpretation. I've watched this clip over and over and over and over and I still remain unconvinced that Terry did anything intentional. What really galls me about this decision is the fact that Terry is being suspended for "throwing a punch." Now think about this for a second: according to the league, the fact that Terry balled up his fist and threw his arm (to say NOTHING about making contact) is justification for suspension. (I suppose Terry should've simply reached into Finley's shorts and yanked; that would've only cost $10k). With that logic, nobody can ball up their fists and punch the air. Far-fetched, I know, but no more so than Stern's straw-grasping with this decision. I mean, it'd be one thing if Terry just up and racked the guy out in the open; this was clearly not the case.

This series has been too intense for petty BS like that.

But again, I'm a Mavs fan, so....... :w

Skip's a trip nowadays, but he used to be pretty sharp. He was predicting Landry's decline and fall when everybody else still thought that he'd put together another winner, and he was just about the only cat in the world who predicted Montana over Marino back in Super Bowl Whateveritwas.

But that was a loooooong time ago....