Treasure trove of early Mosaics on e-Bay

A dealer who apparently purchased 30 unopened Mosaics, i.e. they were still in the cardboard shipping boxes, from an estate has listed a bunch of them on e-Bay. Lots of early hard-to-find stuff including the CD version of the Hardee/Quebec. Worth checking out.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

No LP's. Bah.

Jim, love your avatar. That (those) video(s) had me rolling for days. Poor kid. I hear he's suing for $4000 Canadian. He should go higher.

I hadn't heard about this guy until last week. What a goof ball :) He SHOULD go for more money.

Although, I'm sure he could make much more than that marketing the 'star wars kid' schtick on his own. TV appearances. Computer conventions. Star Wars conventions. He could have his 15 minutes and then retire at 18!

Jim, love your avatar.  That (those) video(s) had me rolling for days.  Poor kid.  I hear he's suing for $4000 Canadian.  He should go higher.

You have the story a bit mixed up. When people started downloading the videos like crazy from waxy.org, they started developing a conscience about having posted them in the first place, so they started a fundraiser for him and raised over $4000 US, which they used to purchase him a 30GB IPod. They claim to have sent the rest to him as a check, although there was a rumor that they had used the extra to buy him a G5 and the family claims to have never received a check at all.

Now the family is suing waxy.org for $225,000 Canadian, and is threatening to do the same to any other site hosting the videos. In my view, these lawsuits are completely without merit, but they have successfully discouraged sites from hosting the videos. I'm sure you can still find them, but it isn't quite as easy as it was before.

Meanwhile, waxy.org is offering refunds to everyone who donated money to the kid.

Edited by J Larsen

Thank you Hans and Jim for posting that. Don't know why I couldn't find it. There are some real classics in there. Since he's a dealer he obviously know what he's doing because some of those prices will start climbing soon. If what he says about the condition is true (and based upon his perfect feedback there's no reason to doubt him), it can only make you water.

Anyone who doesn't have the DeFranco-Clark box ought to seriously think about this one. One of the great Mosaic boxes. Buddy is under appreciated and his playing on these records, chorus after chorus after chorus, makes you shake your head in wonderment.

Edited by Brad

I won 2 LP sets from this seller. They listed 15-20 lp sets about a month ago.

Some of these sets are getting old(1985) and it was nice to get them unplayed.

They also had a ton of sealed Blue Note LP's. The seller was a bit depressed when she realized they were not worth much due to fact they were 80's re-issues.

Still a great find for her.

Anyone know the going ebay rate for the Blakey Mosaic set? 

I'd really like to get my mits on that one but I don't know if I have enough $$ on hand to nab it.

I got it for $210 on eBay a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by J.A.W.

Thanks J.A.W. - that's about what I expected.

I would think that there would not be quite the premium on the Blakey set as there is with some of the other Mosaics - since most (if not all) of the material is currently available on cd.

Edited by ADR

Anyone who doesn't have the DeFranco-Clark box ought to seriously think about this one. One of the great Mosaic boxes. Buddy is under appreciated and his playing on these records, chorus after chorus after chorus, makes you shake your head in wonderment.

Yeah, I'd like to have this one, but $265 (so far!) for four CDs is a bit too much for me!

The 1960 Jazz Messengers set has gone up to $233.50 - too rich for my blood for a set whose contents are mostly available separately (and in re-mastered form nonetheless).

Cheers to the guy who wins the auction. If you're willing to pay that much - you deserve it.

ADR

I won the Blakey! :) I've never heard any of the music in this set before, so I'm pretty excited. I've been listening to a lot of Wayne Shorter lately, so I'm excited to have more in my collection. It was a bit pricey, but far from being the most I've paid for a Mosaic. ;)