Bernie Worrell - keys

Buckethead - guitars

Brain - drums

Af Next Man Flip (a.k.a. Afrika Babybam) - turntables

Bill Laswell - production

Highly recomended!!! :tup:tup:tup

Jim, Joe, and Randy -- I think most of you'd REALLY dig it. :cool:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

That is very entertaining! Thanks Robert. His arrangements are quirky, ballsy, and fun. This guy is much more than a gimmic. There is some serious technique going on here. And some interesting arrangements. Plus I think Joe should at least do the break dancing thing. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hm.

I had a friend way back when, a real dopehead, Dave H.

One evening - the guy could hardly stand anymore - he sat down behind my drum kit and contemplated the thing for about 10 minutes. Suddenly, he erupted into an ear-drum shattering explosive solo as only people who have never even touched a musical instrument can. That lasted for about 20 minutes. He then went upstairs and slept for about 16 hours.

Dave H. had more music in his body than Buckethead will ever have.

Edited by neveronfriday

Hm.

I had a friend way back when, a real dopehead, Dave H.

One evening - the guy could hardly stand anymore - he sat down behind my drum kit and contemplated the thing for about 10 minutes. Suddenly, he erupted into an ear-drum shattering explosive solo as only people who have never even touched a musical instrument can. That lasted for about 20 minutes. He then went upstairs and slept for about 16 hours.

Dave H. had more music in his body than Buckethead will ever have.

Long live David H and Werner "Bimbo" Gasch!

I can't stand these guitarists. They play these really hard riffs and bull shit, that sounds cool for a while, but I just get sick of it. They probaly know nothing about music. Arrg, im gonna go listen to some Metheny.

Probably know nothing about music? I think you'd struggle to keep your head above water in the company (for example) of Company '91. Lovens? Thomas? Bailey? Please! If you mean knows nothing about music in a 'schooled' sense - that might (or might not be true) - but you can keep 99% of your 'schooled' players as far as I'm concerned.

Whenever these "shredders" come up for discussion, I always think about Joe Satriani. For me he is really THE player that can shred with the best but has so much taste and melodic sense that his music is worth listening to and listening to and listening to.

Hill Groove from Strnage Beautiful Music played on my ipod while jogging last night and I think this is one of his best of the best.

JS trivia - Joe was Charlie Hunter's guitar teacher back in the day in California.