Dizzy Set OOP?

Brad

They do send the big sets in numerical order. In fact, IIRC, it was Brad who posted a couple of years ago about correspondence he received from Mosaic in which it was explained that each large set is numbered consecutively by the computer when it is ordered, and that number is then hand-written in the booklet (and printed on the invoice) when the set is shipped. The correspondence further explained that the Selects are NOT sold/shipped in consecutive order (and indeed, the new ones are not individually numbered at all).

Regarding the relatively high number of Brad's set, I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that part of the run of 10,000 goes (unnumbered) to Universal for it to distribute. Maybe Mosaic has decided to start its numbering after the number that goes to Universal (e.g., 5001) so that it doesn't appear that only a small portion of these sets have been sold? Just a thought. Of course, Brad could send another email to Mosaic for clarification, and then enlighten us all. :rolleyes:

Regarding the relatively high number of Brad's set, I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that part of the run of 10,000 goes (unnumbered) to Universal for it to distribute. Maybe Mosaic has decided to start its numbering after the number that goes to Universal (e.g., 5001) so that it doesn't appear that only a small portion of these sets have been sold?

This possibility brings up another question:

If Universal can't sell its number through retail channels, would the remainder go back to Mosaic, so that Mosaic sells more overall than originally planned? That would keep Mosaic selling this set longer than you wouuld otherwise predict.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm betting that the "6" at the beginning of Brad's number (6907) is actually a "0". The stellar penmanship of the Mosaic shipping department strikes again. :rolleyes:

Now that I look at the number again, looks like Ron is probably right. Fire drill over :blush: .

Wouldn't you please change the thread's title, then? I just ordered the feghing Elvin and it cost a fortune... I get stumped by seeing this thread again and again, afraid I have to spend even more money right now! -_-