NFL chat thread

BB said the following in his statement:

As the Commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week’s game. We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress.

So my comment to whiney Heinz Ward, and Donovan McNabb and Ladainian Tomlinson and Jack Del Rio and Eric Mangina and all the other crybabies who lost to a better team but won't accept it:

Shut the Fuck Up!!! :rofl:

Edited by connoisseur series500

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are folks on Cowboy boards that are upset about the relative lack of punishment for Belichek.

Their argument is that Wade Wilson got banned for 4-5 games for using a "performance enhancing supplement" for his love live, and Belichek cheats and gets no suspension at all. They don't think the commissioner is being consistent.

I don't know about Belichek's statement either - maybe it wasn't giving you a competitive advantage DURING the game (or maybe it was, who's to prove otherwise), but I'll sure as hell bet you it would give you a competitive advantage the next time you play the Jets.

We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress.

Well, not to split hairs, but yeah you did, Bill. The game was in progress when the camera was confiscated. And *that* doesn't even matter since the memo stated that videotaping is prohibited at any time on the field, blah blah..

He did man up and apologize but it's all negated in my mind by the political double speak, "the meaning of is is" BS.

post-552-1189827630.gif

Edited by rachel

There are folks on Cowboy boards that are upset about the relative lack of punishment for Belichek.

Their argument is that Wade Wilson got banned for 4-5 games for using a "performance enhancing supplement" for his love live, and Belichek cheats and gets no suspension at all. They don't think the commissioner is being consistent.

Damn right he isn't! This is absolute BS on the part of the commissioner.

Apparently that 2nd cameraman that was mentioned earlier in this thread may be yet another Pats cameraman, or maybe he was there to pick up the audio from the wired Pats lineman (?).

Goodell would not respond directly to an NBC report about the Jets calling for a second investigation into the Patriots' actions in Week 1, noting there was a second camera and that they believe a defensive lineman was wired to pick up quarterback audibles.

Boston.com article

Edited by Aggie87

Nice late timeout call the Mile High zebras awarded the Broncos to nullify a game-winning 52-yard field goal by Janikowski. Are you ready for some cheatball? :rmad:

Noj, I was rootin' for your guys to win that one. I heard whistles before the kick so I assume the TO was called in time, but I felt sorry for Janikowski nonetheless. What a MF mindf*ck!

Definititely seemed like a home field gift for Shanahan.

Nice late timeout call the Mile High zebras awarded the Broncos to nullify a game-winning 52-yard field goal by Janikowski. Are you ready for some cheatball? :rmad:

Noj, I was rootin' for your guys to win that one. I heard whistles before the kick so I assume the TO was called in time, but I felt sorry for Janikowski nonetheless. What a MF mindf*ck!

Janikowski should have made it the second time too. Still, a 52-yarder, that's no gimme.

I don't think the defense should be given that sort of demand with time outs. Either call it early enough to stop the snap of the ball, or the refs should ignore a defensive team in that situation. I know I've seen them ignore coaches in that situation in the past, or maybe they just ignore the Raiders. But hey, it was in Denver so Shanahan gets whatever his little elvish heart desires and the ball gets spotted an extra 12 inches every time the home team runs the ball. I hate the NFL.

Janikowski should have made it the second time too. Still, a 52-yarder, that's no gimme.

I don't think the defense should be given that sort of demand with time outs. Either call it early enough to stop the snap of the ball, or the refs should ignore a defensive team in that situation. I know I've seen them ignore coaches in that situation in the past, or maybe they just ignore the Raiders. But hey, it was in Denver so Shanahan gets whatever his little elvish heart desires and the ball gets spotted an extra 12 inches every time the home team runs the ball. I hate the NFL.

What Shanahan did was completely within the rules. A few years ago they gave coaches the right to call timeouts from the sideline, what they usually do is call the ref over and let them know that they'll be calling a timeout "at the last second" prior to the snap. As long as they gave the ref the heads up that the timeout is coming, they are granted the timeout. What Shanahan did was the new millennium version of "icing the kicker"...and in this case it worked. I still think it's kind of shitty, but there is no cheating involved.