NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who wonder about Randy Moss' attitude after a win over Cleveland in a game where his individual stats were pedestrian, I offer this quote:

One encouraging sight which Patriot Nation could take from this game was Moss's attitude. Held to only three catches and overthrown often during the game, Moss still had a big grin on his face at game's end, the win secure. Many folks who might have been afraid that Moss would complain if he didn't get the ball enough would be thrilled with that sight, that Moss really was happier with the win than big stats, which he failed to get for the first time this season.

Conn = Randy Moss Man-crush

:w

:g

NE @ Dallas, October 14th

NE @ Indy, November 4th

Looking forward to those games. Plus Green Bay goes to Dallas sometime soon.

EDIT: I was surprised at the Packers/Bears game- I would have predicted GB was going to win easily. The Packers looked flat and uninspired tonight, the Bears came to play (in spite of their weaknesses). GB's last drive was really poorly done.

Edited by Free For All

Way too many turnovers for the Packers. Also they seem to tackle poorly on defense.

I'm not too surprised by the turnovers. A big key to the Pack's 4-0 start was Favre's disciplined play. I felt that, with a cushion in the standings and the TD pass record in hand, he might revert to the wild gun-slinging, pass-forcing Favre of the past few years. That seemed to happen in the second half.

For those who wonder about Randy Moss' attitude after a win over Cleveland in a game where his individual stats were pedestrian, I offer this quote:

One encouraging sight which Patriot Nation could take from this game was Moss's attitude. Held to only three catches and overthrown often during the game, Moss still had a big grin on his face at game's end, the win secure. Many folks who might have been afraid that Moss would complain if he didn't get the ball enough would be thrilled with that sight, that Moss really was happier with the win than big stats, which he failed to get for the first time this season.

i seem to recail that moss took a $6 million pay cut to join a winner.

given the lack of loyalty of nfl teams to their players, i hope the decision serves him well.

i seem to recail that moss took a $6 million pay cut to join a winner.

given the lack of loyalty of nfl teams to their players, i hope the decision serves him well.

It's only a one year contract so I hope the two sides will be getting together to hammer out an extension.

Romo's got 2 INTs in the first 7 minutes of the Monday night game. Sort of uncharacteristic, will be interesting to see how the Bills respond tonight. They've already got a fake punt for a 1st down and 2 ints.

Alot of talk that the Cowboys would be overlooking this game in anticipation of next weekends game with the Patriots.

Regarding Randy Moss and his attitude. Isn't it interesting that as a society we give such high praise and accolades to someone for simply doing his job professionally and not acting like a brat. Gee, I have to do my job in a professional manner with a non-bratty demeanor every day, and I just get a paycheck and the privilege of returning to work the next day. ^_^

edited for typo

Edited by rachel

Regarding Randy Moss and his attitude. Isn't it interesting that as a society we give such high praise and accolades to someone for simply doing his job professionally and not acting like a brat. Gee, I have to do my job in a professional manner with a non-bratty demeanor every day, and I just get a paycheck and the privilege of returning to work the next day. ^_^

edited for typo

Excellent point, Rachel. You are so right on this.

Still, I have studied Moss' past a little bit and the media has been really hard on him. Sportswriters go out of their way to find flaws in this supremely talented and hardworking receiver. Patriot players claim that he is one of the hardest workers on the team. He has incredible football smarts. He and Brady connect so quickly because it's as if they both recognize almost instantly when there is a hole in the defence. Moss has made mistakes in the past; and the media has done it's best to highlight his errors and foibles.

Niners lose to a team which couldn't muster enough points to beat a drunken softball team.

What a pathetic football organization. Got offense? Got defense? Got CLUE?

Now where's my paper shopping bag...?

unknown-full.jpg

Edited by GoodSpeak

Romo's got 2 INTs in the first 7 minutes of the Monday night game. Sort of uncharacteristic, will be interesting to see how the Bills respond tonight. They've already got a fake punt for a 1st down and 2 ints.

Alot of talk that the Cowboys would be overlooking this game in anticipation of next weekends game with the Patriots.

4 INTs in the first half for Romo. Terrible!!

And yet, they're only down 17-10. The Dallas D has held Buffalo to a field goal so far. THey're going to need to play like that the rest of the way, and hope Romo gets in gear for the 2nd half.

4 INTs in the first half for Romo. Terrible!!

And yet, they're only down 17-10. The Dallas D has held Buffalo to a field goal so far. THey're going to need to play like that the rest of the way, and hope Romo gets in gear for the 2nd half.

That surprises you guys?

Captain Fumble Fingers in last season's playoffs...? :blink:

Edited by GoodSpeak

That surprises you guys?

Surprises me. He's a pretty good QB. I wouldn't trade him for Alex Smith - in fact, not sure I'd trade him for anyone except Manning or Brady. That's how good I think he can be.

That surprises you guys?

Surprises me. He's a pretty good QB. I wouldn't trade him for Alex Smith - in fact, not sure I'd trade him for anyone except Manning or Brady. That's how good I think he can be.

I admire your loyalty, but question your reasoning.

Trent Dilfer is a "pretty good QB" and he sucks, too.

That surprises you guys?

I didn't give any reasoning - what are you misinterpreting?

That surprises you guys?

I didn't give any reasoning - what are you misinterpreting?

Reasoning: He's a pretty good QB.

Misinterpreting: Nothing.

Cheers! <_<

Dallas pulls it out of their ass! I really don't have any problem with it; they are clearly the better team of the two. Buffalo's offense is pathetic. Even when things are absolutely going their way, they find the right mix to allow Dallas to win the game. That interception thrown by Edwards in the red Zone was a killer. Young qbs do things like that.

Wow. Dallas must have some kind of guardian angel!

Tony Romo had easily his worst game as a starter, 5 interceptions and a fumble.

Yet, the Dallas defense held the Bills to 3 points, and Romo came back in the 2nd half, and had another 300 yard passing game, and led the team to victory.

He's pretty good, GoodSpeak. Even on his worst day as a pro.

edit - Just wanted to add that Romo has now had 3 300 yard passing games in a row (and 4 out of 5 I think). First Cowboys QB to ever do that. Don Meredith, Roger Staubach, Danny White, and Troy Aikman didn't do that.

Edited by Aggie87

That surprises you guys?

This from a Giants fan? :blink: Captain Fumble Fingers? Where's the reasoning in THAT? What, the guy muffs a snap in Seattle and you're ready to write him off? :rofl:

This was an unbelievable ending to an unreal game. Romo proves he's human to the folks around here who are already speaking in terms of Super Bowls, and yet the Boys win despite all the interceptions.

Regardless of what happens this year, this year's Cowboys are showing that they are truly a TEAM, working as a team, playing as a team, and (so far) winning as a team.

Who would ever have thought the rookie kicker would nail TWO 53-yard field-goals? I love it when legal (but dirty) plays blow up in someone's face like that! :g