NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh.

San Francisco Giants fan here, not New York Giants.

Besides, the snap from center is basic and to blow that sure thing in the NFC Championship game last season was just plain inexcusable.

I'm pretty sure that Al knows you're an SF Giants fan. :rolleyes:

Remember there was a slick ball used on that snap too, which caused a rule change I believe in the off season. It caused a rule change during the off season (this quote is from back in March):

The league voted to change how the kicking balls are distributed into the game next season. Teams will now be given 45 minutes - 25 extra minutes than in years past - to prepare the balls for the game. And 12 sequentially numbered "K" balls will be used in the game, monitored by an official, instead of the ball boys.

It's not exactly a "Tony Romo Rule", but the incident that occurred in the Cowboys' playoff loss in Seattle was arguably the biggest factor in the rule change. The Cowboys quarterback, also the holder, dropped the snap on potential go-ahead field goal attempt in the final minute of play. The rather glossy- and slick-looking ball appeared to be brand new, and has caused quite a stir around the league.

One former Cowboys assistant coach said the ball looked like "a block of ice" coming back to Romo, who picked up the ball after the bobble but was tackled short of the first-down marker and end zone, giving the ball back to the Seahawks, who prevailed with a 20-19 win.

Some thought a Seattle ball boy intentionally gave the officials a new football to use for that particular field-goal attempt.

The "K" balls have been used since 1999 in an attempt to prevent kickers and punters from over-doctoring the same balls used by quarterbacks and running backs.

I wouldn't exactly call the bobbled snap "inexcusable". If the Seahawks did give him a brand new slick ball (intentionally or not), there is a legitimate excuse for the bobble.

Edited by Aggie87

Uh.

San Francisco Giants fan here, not New York Giants.

Besides, the snap from center is basic and to blow that sure thing in the NFC Championship game last season was just plain inexcusable.

I'm pretty sure that Al knows you're an SF Giants fan. :rolleyes:

Maybe.

But not a lot of fumbled snaps in baseball. :P

Remember there was a slick ball used on that snap too, which caused a rule change I believe in the off season. It caused a rule change during the off season (this quote is from back in March):

I wouldn't exactly call the bobbled snap "inexcusable". If the Seahawks did give him a brand new slick ball (intentionally or not), there is a legitimate excuse for the bobble.

Please.

Slick or not, he has big enough hands to hold on to a greased pig [pardon the pun], for pete's sake. No excuse. It was on fake grass and no rain was falling.

Dallas loves to play victim after a blown game. I remember how Jerry Jones whined in the media for days after the Niners kicked the 'Boyz collective behinds in the 1994 NFC Championship game, pissin' and moanin' about the slick field conditions on a rainy day in Candelstick Park. As if the Niners had a dry field to play on? Then he whined some more about Deion Sanders interferring with Micheal Irvin even though the replay clearly showed Irvin's hands practcally inside Sanders' shirt sleeves.

Sorry.

No sale.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Give time, Al.

You watch, TO will soon go sideways on the Ca'boys and destroy the team chemistry.

You read in here first.

I don't see this happening. He's happier than he ever was on his previous teams.

GoodSpeak is a year and a half late on the "you read it here first" too. That was the concern way back when Jerry Jones signed Owens. He's been a choir boy this year for the most part. He was Romo's biggest supporter during the game yesterday too, when Romo was having the INTs.

Give time, Al.

You watch, TO will soon go sideways on the Ca'boys and destroy the team chemistry.

You read in here first.

I don't see this happening. He's happier than he ever was on his previous teams.

Sadly, I agree with Goodspeak here. I think it's only a matter of time before T.O starts being the major jerk again.

Of course, Aggie probably thinks the clock is ticking before Moss acts up! ;)

Give time, Al.

You read in here first.

GoodSpeak is a year and a half late on the "you read it here first" too. That was the concern way back when Jerry Jones signed Owens. He's been a choir boy this year for the most part. He was Romo's biggest supporter during the game yesterday too, when Romo was having the INTs.

Late?

TO is the biggest jackass on this or any other planet.

You seem to forget he was the Niners big pick several years ago and we were glad to be rid of his sorry ass.

Assholes is assholes, Aggie....season ain't over yet. He'll fuck up again, you watch.

Just like Michael "Cokehead" Irvin did.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Give time, Al.

You read in here first.

Sadly, I agree with Goodspeak here. I think it's only a matter of time before T.O starts being the major jerk again.

Of course, Aggie probably thinks the clock is ticking before Moss acts up! ;)

Right on.

Thanks, Man.

Late?

You seem to forget he was the Niners big pick several years ago and we were glad to be rid of his sorry ass.

Assholes is assholes, Aggie....season ain't over yet. He'll fuck up again, you watch.

I wasn't a fan of T.O.'s signing, neither were most Cowboy fans, in particular others on this board - if you do a search you'll see that. I know he was a Niners pick, give me some credit. I also know he wears out his welcome sooner or later - he is a jackass.

But I think he's made a huge effort to work WITH Tony Romo this year, whereas he didn't with Garcia in San Fran, or Donovan in Philly. He's contributing to the team in a positive manner.

Either way, your Mr. "You Heard it Here First" isn't a "first" as you declared while patting yourself on the back. But you go right ahead thinking you know something nobody else knows. People have been expecting him to screw up from the day Jerry Jones signed him.

Edited by Aggie87

Give time, Al.

You read in here first.

No he won't.

Tank Johnson will do that.

You read THAT here first.

And yes, I know you're an SF Giants fan. Give me SOME credit.

Sheesh

Edited by Big Al

Slick or not, he has big enough hands to hold on to a greased pig [pardon the pun], for pete's sake. No excuse. It was on fake grass and no rain was falling.

The game should never have come down to that play to begin with. Romo was only one of many reasons the Boys lost that game. And they deserved to lose it, too. You'll get no argument from me on this one.

Gonna be a heckuva Sunday to watch football for the NFC East. Dallas vs New England. Washington vs Green Bay. Ahhhhhhh, brings back memories......

I don't know about y'all, but my money's on New England. Buffalo exposed some serious flaws in Dallas overall game plan. It's New England's game to lose.

I could be wrong, but I'm still betting NE emerges as the lone undefeated team after this Sunday.

Late?

I wasn't a fan of T.O.'s signing, neither were most Cowboy fans, in particular others on this board - if you do a search you'll see that. I know he was a Niners pick, give me some credit. I also know he wears out his welcome sooner or later - he is a jackass.

But I think he's made a huge effort to work WITH Tony Romo this year, whereas he didn't with Garcia in San Fran, or Donovan in Philly. He's contributing to the team in a positive manner.

Either way, your Mr. "You Heard it Here First" isn't a "first" as you declared while patting yourself on the back. But you go right ahead thinking you know something nobody else knows. People have been expecting him to screw up from the day Jerry Jones signed him.

His true character will show once the Boys rack up their first L. Sure he's being gracious now: he's on a team that's 5-0. Let's check back five weeks from now, see what the Boys record is, and see what his attitude is. I always hate to admit when Goody's right, but I think he's on the money with this one.

His true character will show once the Boys rack up their first L. Sure he's being gracious now: he's on a team that's 5-0. Let's check back five weeks from now, see what the Boys record is, and see what his attitude is. I always hate to admit when Goody's right, but I think he's on the money with this one.

I'm not completely disagreeing either. My response to GoodSpeak was more about him proclaiming he had an original thought on T.O....."you read it here first". Yeah, right.

T.O. HAS been making an effort to work and get along with Romo this season. But I think as long as he's getting the ball "enough" (whatever that is), he'll be fine, regardless of wins or losses. That's more a barometer of how he behaves then when they lose, to me.

I think players like TO and Randy Moss are happy as long as the team is winning and executing well. Once the team starts losing and failing to execute, they melt down into whiny children in front of whatever camera or microphone is around. All the savvy in the world on the field, none when dealing with the media.

Gonna be a heckuva Sunday to watch football for the NFC East. Dallas vs New England. Washington vs Green Bay. Ahhhhhhh, brings back memories......

I don't know about y'all, but my money's on New England. Buffalo exposed some serious flaws in Dallas overall game plan. It's New England's game to lose.

I could be wrong, but I'm still betting NE emerges as the lone undefeated team after this Sunday.

I can guarantee that the Colts will be undefeated after this Sunday. (we have a bye..) ^_^

Give time, Al.

You read in here first.

No he won't.

Tank Johnson will do that.

You read THAT here first.

And yes, I know you're an SF Giants fan. Give me SOME credit.

Sheesh

:g

I can guarantee that the Colts will be undefeated after this Sunday. (we have a bye..) ^_^

49er's won't lose, either.

:g

I haven't bet on football (aside from Super Bowl pool squares) for quite a few years, and my former betting was never successful.

But I pay attention to point spreads and over-unders (nothing more exotic). For instance, the football pools on this forum only require picking outright winners, so taking the biggest favorites (as measured by point spread) is almost a no-brainer. I won the playoff pool last year by going almost totally by point spread. Granted, there were very few participants, and my picks only differed from Conn's by one game... ;)