The Film Music of Chico Hamilton

Teasing the Korean

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what's going to be on that one and if it will have the soundtrack from 'Repulsion' (don't think the music made it to disc) but I'm sure it will have the music from this remarkable film:

fc_1_b.JPG

Forgot about CH's involvement in that one! I think of that more as an Elmer Bernstein score for whatever reason. Do you have that record? Was there a SSoS Chico Hamilton album and an Elmer Bernstein soundtrack?

Yes, there was an album of Elmer Bernstein's music for that film out on Decca but the album shown on the previous post is all Chico Hamilton. The music on the record was penned by Fred Katz and Chico Hamilton.

All quintet music (with Paul Horn, Joe Pisano, Carson Smith) except for two tracks which have uncredited appearances by Conte Candoli and Frank Rosolino (I'm pretty sure of those two).

Guest youmustbe

If I remember there is at least one scene of Chico and the band playing in a club.

What's that Bette Davis movie with the Kenny Dennis Trio playing in a bar? Where she kills her twin sister.

On a related note, Fred Katz's score for the original 1960 "Little Shop of Horrors" deserves to be reissued on CD. It came out on a Rhino LP in the 80s, and is well worth tracking down. This score seems to be a well-kept secret. It features that nervous, angular, dissonant, geometric jazz sound you hear in 1950s and 60s European soundtracks.

If I remember there is at least one scene of Chico and the band playing in a club.

I think there's at least two with Chico's band and Martin Milner pretending to play guitar. One of them is fairly long scene. Chico may even have a small speaking part, if I recall correctly.

Great film with some great lines: "The cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river."

OHOHOHOHOOHOOHOHHOHHOH YOU GUYS! YOU GUYS! IVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEWY HAS FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!

IT WAS SITTING UNDER MY NOSE ALL THIS TIME!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE THINKING OF A WORLD PACIFIC ALBUM, BUT THE WRONG WORLD PACIFIC ARTIST: NOT CHICO, BUT ***BUD SHANK***, THE ALBUM BEING "THE WINDMILLS OF YOUR MIND" AND THE CATHERINE DENEUVE MOVIES THE SONGS ARE FROM ARE THE MUSICAL MOVIES"THE UMBRELLAS OF CHEERBOURG", AND "THE YOUNG GIRLS OF ROCHFORT", ****NOT**** REPULSION!!!! MYSTERY SOLVED!