Which vinyl are you desperately looking for...

michel1969

Isn't 'Hum Dono' supposed to be reissued soon? If not, could provide a CDR if you're desperate!

Rumour had it that the next set of 'Impressed - Repressed' CD reissues from UK Universal would include this great Harriott/Amancio D'Silva disk. Not substantiated though. This series seeems to be in limbo so don't hold your breath. Not sure if they've even found the master tapes either !

No word about an issue from Dutton Vocalion. They tend to do more of the Decca/Deram/Argo material, not Columbia.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Clarke "Recorded in Paris & Cologne" (Disques Swing)....w/Byas, Thompson, Solal & Michelot.

You're talking about SWING (DRG) SW 8411?

Shouldn't be THAT rare.

I might have a lead for a copy (a private seller in Germany selling one for 10 euros; but airmail shipping to the States would cost you at least another 13 euros.

If you think that's worth it (which I quite honestly doubt as it is a reissue from 1986, i.e. not THAT old) I can check with the seller.

Or, for me, Joe Harriott - Hum Dono - (Columbia)

Another one:

Marion Brown - Le Temps Fou - (Polydor)

Isn't 'Hum Dono' supposed to be reissued soon? If not, could provide a CDR if you're desperate!

I had a copy of 'Le Temps Fou' when it was released but it seems to be lost :(

I was at the recording session!

Wow... and a bummer to have lost it! I have a CDR of that (and Hum Dono, thanks to sidewinder) but would love original vinyl copies. Both are excellent sessions!

Oh yeah, thanks - just got it tonight.

Beaut cover (was there music on there too? Didn't get it if so).

At 68MB, there better be music too :lol:

OK, I just downloaded the zip to myself

and it's all there. You may want to try again.

Rod

Edited by rostasi

• 2 months later...

Kenny Clarke "Recorded in Paris & Cologne" (Disques Swing)....w/Byas, Thompson, Solal & Michelot.

You're talking about SWING (DRG) SW 8411?

Shouldn't be THAT rare.

1a_1_b.JPG

Guess not 'cause I finally landed a copy last nite on eBay Express for $10. Sounds bizarre, but after so many years of trolling eBay, I can't recall ever wading through the 'Express' (DUH!) iso something..........and then, first time -- WHAMO!!! A good day indeed!

btw, thanks for your previous offer of assistance. Another couple of months searching and I would have come a knockin' at your door. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

:blush: Hi if you want some Vinyl check out my stock list. I am a collector (over 50,000 records) and producer (8 free jazz records) and You might be surprised at what is on my list for really low prices. They ar all new but check with me to find out if i still have copies as sometimes i do run out. http://members.aol.com/danola

Arthur Doyle "No More Crazy Women" Qbico, Lettered edition.

A clean copy of: Jim Pepper "Pepper's Pow Wow" I have a workable copy, just need a NM copy!

Test "Ahead" Picture Disc. I have the black vinyl edition. (what a nerd I am!)

Phil Urso: the LP on Regent, this is not that great (Danny Banks's 'everybody skate backwards' organ

is really uninspiring) however, I'm an Urso completist (I have known the man for 15+ years).

Heck, there are MANY more....with over 23,000 LPs, you are always looking for something more!

Hell, I'm logging off and going to the rekkid store!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Strangely enough, most of those records I've been trying to find for a VERY long time then all of a sudden were (almost) all over the place once I had located a copy at long last.

I'd been looking for that very first real LP by Horst Jankowski - his 1961 "Gäste bei Horst Jankowski" LP on the Metronome label

I received a CDR rip of this LP some years ago, but I have never seen the cover and dont even know the tracks...If you can help it would be most appreciated!

JudWarren