Which vinyl are you desperately looking for...

michel1969

Curtis Fuller : South American Cookin' on Epic (always lost for various reasons including forgot to bid !)

Thad Jones : "Detroit NY Junction" (always lost auction - 7 times)

Howard Roberts "Good Pickin's" (never found a copy)

Wayne Shorter "Second Genesis" (never seen a copy)

Hampton Hawes "For Real" Not rare, but always lost the auction (5 times)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur Doyle "No More Crazy Women" Qbico, Lettered edition.

A clean copy of: Jim Pepper "Pepper's Pow Wow" I have a workable copy, just need a NM copy!

Test "Ahead" Picture Disc. I have the black vinyl edition. (what a nerd I am!)

Phil Urso: the LP on Regent, this is not that great (Danny Banks's 'everybody skate backwards' organ

is really uninspiring) however, I'm an Urso completist (I have known the man for 15+ years).

Heck, there are MANY more....with over 23,000 LPs, you are always looking for something more!

Hell, I'm logging off and going to the rekkid store!! :D

Michael Cosmic - Peace in the World (Cosmic)

Marzette Watts - Marzette Watts Ensemble (Savoy)

Michel Portal - Our Meanings and Our Feelings (Pathe)

Chris McGregor - Very Urgent (Polydor)

New Phonic Art - Drama/Correspondences (BASF)

and a fair number more!

PM sent...

Arthur Doyle "No More Crazy Women" Qbico, Lettered edition.

A clean copy of: Jim Pepper "Pepper's Pow Wow" I have a workable copy, just need a NM copy!

Test "Ahead" Picture Disc. I have the black vinyl edition. (what a nerd I am!)

Phil Urso: the LP on Regent, this is not that great (Danny Banks's 'everybody skate backwards' organ

is really uninspiring) however, I'm an Urso completist (I have known the man for 15+ years).

Heck, there are MANY more....with over 23,000 LPs, you are always looking for something more!

Hell, I'm logging off and going to the rekkid store!! :D

Here you go. Six bucks.

Phil Urso on Regent

Edited by Allan Songer

Duke Ellington - Chicago to Detroit 1940 - Jazz Moderne

I missed a copy from a Cadence list. I've never seen another copy on offer.

Hampton, Lionel The Fabulous Lionel Hampton Jazztone J-723 ep

I was too late on a set sale list from a dealer in Switzerland.

Edited by Pete B

- -

- thad jones, after hours, outbid several times

I don't no if it will bring some consolation, but IMO the best of this record is its cover. Its a nice session, but NOT that "New York mood" session we are dreaming about when looking the cover. Anyway... NO, it will not bring consolation. I know how we are , collectors... :crazy:

Strangely enough, most of those records I've been trying to find for a VERY long time then all of a sudden were (almost) all over the place once I had located a copy at long last.

I'd been looking for that very first real LP by Horst Jankowski - his 1961 "Gäste bei Horst Jankowski" LP on the Metronome label for almost 20 years and the first copy I ever came across anywhere at all was one located through eBay in NM from a German seller in 2001 or so (not cheap but halfway affordable). And not more than about a year later I ended up with another copy (this one VG+) (so now I even have a trade item...). That one came my way with a stack of records (that included one of the original Brunswick Donald Byrd in Paris LP's) bought as one lot from another eBay seller about 30 miles from where I live! And all this after having searched for this one at flea markets, garage sales, record fairs, secondhand record shops for years and years!

Same story with another long-time wants list:

Back in the late 70s I hesitated too long buying the sole copy of that "The Cats & The Fiddle" 2-record set on the Bluebird label that made it to a local record store. Couldn't quite figure out what THAT band was and when I finally made up my mind it was gone! No chance of finding it anywhre else at a halfway affordable price in those pre-internet days, of course. Then in the early 90s I met a local couple that had that a copy (they must have bought the very copy I had missed back then). So now at least I had a cassette dub ...

Finally, after eBay had arrived I took the plunge in 2001 and jumped at the occasion when a copy came up on eBay.com (not cheap with airmail fare from the U.S., etc.). But lo and behold, about a year later a secondhand record store had another copy priced at LESS than that eBay price excluding shipping! (That one made a nice birthday gift for a friend though...)

Wonder if that's going to happen again with my current MOST WANTED item (missed it several times on eBay as the final prices clearly were out of my range):

Deutsches Amateur Jazz Festival 1958 LP on Metronome

I'm not looking for any vinyl titles but just pick up what I can. Vinyl purchases are very spontaneous as result, as any delay leads to missing out. There's so much good music out there to be had for small money it often strikes me as irrational to covet prestige titles or rara avis which go for magnitudes more.

Having said that I'd like Lucky Thompson "European Songbook" (? correct title) on MPS, not heard it in any form and I'm a LT completist. :lol:

Or, for me, Joe Harriott - Hum Dono - (Columbia)

Another one:

Marion Brown - Le Temps Fou - (Polydor)

Isn't 'Hum Dono' supposed to be reissued soon? If not, could provide a CDR if you're desperate!

I had a copy of 'Le Temps Fou' when it was released but it seems to be lost :(

I was at the recording session!