Ornette @ grammys

Timbercrap turned in a decent performance on the show. He was "professional"" at least. Others were not.

I guess so. But why didn't he do a trial run with that hand held camera stuffed all up in his grill? That was the stupidest fucking thing I ever saw. That's all I needed was a nasty-assed close up of some dweebs face while he struts around singing about how fine he is and how his baby did him wrong.

No thanks, give me an unprofessional street performer banging on tin cans any day.

Looks like you watched the show more closely than I did. :)

You mean you're not into the Dixie Chunks and Vanilla Timberlake?

Chunks? :blink:

20070212_306109_03.jpg

If that's chunky to you then what type of girls do you like?

anorexia.jpg

Dude, Natalie Maines has been chuggin' some Ben & Jerrys for quite some time. Take away the high fashion black drape and you'd see.... :g It's all good and fine, to me though...they are just the most annoying group that ever existed. Record and song of the year....holy cow that record is crap...who bought that thing? And now they'll just be more and more pretentious....uggg...

You mean you're not into the Dixie Chunks and Vanilla Timberlake?

Chunks? :blink:

20070212_306109_03.jpg

If that's chunky to you then what type of girls do you like?

anorexia.jpg

Dude, Natalie Maines has been chuggin' some Ben & Jerrys for quite some time. Take away the high fashion black drape and you'd see.... :g It's all good and fine, to me though...they are just the most annoying group that ever existed. Record and song of the year....holy cow that record is crap...who bought that thing? And now they'll just be more and more pretentious....uggg...

The middle one is fat and the two on the end are just plain UGLY.....and I have no idea what their "music" sounds like.

The middle one is fat and the two on the end are just plain UGLY.....and I have no idea what their "music" sounds like.

Is that the criteria for whether they should be listened to or not?

If so, I bet you love Jane Monheit's music! :P

Edited by Aggie87

Timbercrap turned in a decent performance on the show. He was "professional"" at least. Others were not.

I guess so. But why didn't he do a trial run with that hand held camera stuffed all up in his grill? That was the stupidest fucking thing I ever saw. That's all I needed was a nasty-assed close up of some dweebs face while he struts around singing about how fine he is and how his baby did him wrong.

No thanks, give me an unprofessional street performer banging on tin cans any day.

Looks like you watched the show more closely than I did. :)

I guess I did, too, then. The hand held camera thing brought me more than a few moments of discomfort.

One thing that did touch me was that--right in the middle of Ornette's presentation--someone shouted, "we love you Ornette!". Hell, it was probably Flea. Ornette eased over a pretty bashful reply, but there was certainly a look of bewilderment in his eyes.

Next up at the Grammys: Cecil Taylor. :crazy:

Yeah, JT's self-broadcast looked pretty dumb... I agree, Johnny. RHCP's performance was lame, but at least they acknowledged Ornette... and I heard that solitary shout, too! I think Ornette stopped and said, "Thank you." Anybody else see the Police at the start of the show? Sting's bulked up... I'd hate to run into him in a dark concert hall.

Naw man. Flea is a dyed-in-the-wool jazz fan (friend of a friend).

Flea's first instrument was trumpet and he was a jazz prodigy. Even played with Diz if I remember correctly. Then he discovered Jimi and the rest is as they say... history.

I dont think so. First instrument trumpet? Yeah. Prodigy who played with Diz? First I heard anything like that. In fact, in one of his instructional videos he says he cant even read music.

Flea's first instrument was trumpet and he was a jazz prodigy. Even played with Diz if I remember correctly. Then he discovered Jimi and the rest is as they say... history.

I dont think so. First instrument trumpet? Yeah. Prodigy who played with Diz? First I heard anything like that. In fact, in one of his instructional videos he says he cant even read music.

Well, neither could Hendrix.

Well, neither could Hendrix.

...or Chet Baker