Detroit/Magic: Detroit 92.0% favorite

Cavs/Wiz: Cavs 93.0% favorite

Predictions for championship:

Mavs 32.0-33.2%

Suns 17.0-18.3%

Spurs 16.3-17.1%

Pistons 12.0-12.7%

Heat 5.6-5.8%

Anybody read Jack McCallum's book on the 2005-2006 Phoenix Suns? Here's amazon's summary:

Sports Illustrated's chief NBA writer, Jack McCallum, only planned to spend the preseason with the Phoenix Suns as an "assistant coach" -- and then write a story about his experiences. Instead, he stayed on with the Suns throughout their exciting and controversial 2005-2006 season. Gaining access to everything from locker-room chats with superstar point guard Steve Nash, to coaches' meetings with maverick coach Mike D'Antoni, McCallum learned what makes this wildly popular, innovative, and international assemblage of talented players and brilliant coaches tick -- making Seven Seconds or Less an all-access look at one of the greatest shows in sports.

Here's a review. Some highlights:

p38 D'Antoni plays video games in the players' lounge

p39 no one knows if Leandro Barbosa understands anything

p54 coaches worry Marion has "gone into the tank" jealous that Nash won MVP [Guy: what a putz]

p66 Nash asks D'Antoni if he believes the referee conspiracy theories (Bennett Salvatore always part of that conversation)

p100 Mike D'Antoni, staunch democrat, listens repeatedly to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eDJ3cuXKV4. When he hears that Kwame Brown is being investigated for sexual assault says "was the assault on Boris Diaw?" :lol::lol::lol:

p110 Diaw: "I do not date American women. I have them."

p117 at Boston University Raja Bell was sent for anger management

p118 Barbosa got his nut tangled in this sack, Iavaroni says "that's some third world shit right there"

p119 Raja Bell's dad was kicked out of his 50+ league for busting some dude's nose

p122 D'Antoni's worst nightmare is that a certain unnamed ref will show up for game six against the Lakers--lucky him they spot the guy in the restaurant (FWIW that game was reffed by Ron Garretson , Greg Willard , and Leon Wood)

p128 Gentry calls Olowokandi a "pussy," someone from the league indicates they agree, then Gentry hides from Kandi

p141 espionage! Suns get Laker intelligence from notes left in a hotel room and by listening in on practice

p207 Kevin Tucker responsible for monitoring the players' nightlife--never worries about Shawn Marion

p221 Nash has a shirt that says Good Bush/Bad Bush with pictures of a woman's lower abdomen and the president

p265 Suns offense is, essentially, whoever Keith Van Horn guards gets to embarrass him, and it works (might have something to do with KVH being out of the league)

The Nuggets looked pretty good in the opener versus the Spurs. Could be alot better series than I expected, and if this Game 1 is any indication, could go either way. Spurs seemed out of sync, and Iverson & Anthony seemed to be clicking effectively.

BARON DAVIS!

Now, I know that realistically the Warriors will be lucky to win more than 2 games in this series, but that was fantastic. On the one hand, Dallas played like crap. One the other hand, aside from Stephen Jackson and Baron everybody on the Warriors played like crap. This could become a good series.

Warriors vs. Nuggets conference finals! (not likely, I'll admit)

Guy

Page_1.jpg

Edited by Guy

BARON DAVIS!

Now, I know that realistically the Warriors will be lucky to win more than 2 games in this series, but that was fantastic. On the one hand, Dallas played like crap. One the other hand, aside from Stephen Jackson and Baron everybody on the Warriors played like crap. This could become a good series.

The Mavs lost last night for the same reason they choked in the finals and for the same reason GS will upset the Mavs: when the Mavs panic, they revert to Nellie-ball. They SUCK at Nellie-ball, and yet this lesson still hasn't sunk in.

It's gonna be a short post-season for my Mavs.

Go Mavs.... but it's gonna be Suns all the way, baby.

i thought the warriors would be tired from trying to make the post season

Three days rest before game 1...

After game 2, the games are every other day. Don Nelson uses a rotation of only 8 players, so that could end up hurting Golden State if the series goes long. Baron is quite injury-prone and he'll be playing 45 minutes per game.

Guy

Edited by Guy

farmar looks like me out on the court.... totally lost

The whole team looked lost most of the time. What an alley-oopfest.

I haven't seen much of Miami recently, but after catching part of today's game, I can't believe that there are still some experts out there that think they can win it all. :unsure:

Tomorrow's the big day for the Mavs to put up. I expect a better game from both teams, and this time I'll be closer to "shock" if the Warriors win again. I just hope this ridiculously long space between games doesn't allow the W's to lose their groove.