Sport: 2007 NBA Play-Offs Pool

Oh, what a conundrum for a Pistons fan like me. On the one hand, I'd love to see the Heat get swept by Chicago, just because it would be hilarious.

On the other hand, probably the best thing for the Pistons is for the series to drag out to 7 games. If either Chicago or Heat win, both teams will be tired (the Heat more-so), while the Pistons will have (most likely) a week off due to sweeping the Magic.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, what a conundrum for a Pistons fan like me. On the one hand, I'd love to see the Heat get swept by Chicago, just because it would be hilarious.

On the other hand, probably the best thing for the Pistons is for the series to drag out to 7 games. If either Chicago or Heat win, both teams will be tired (the Heat more-so), while the Pistons will have (most likely) a week off due to sweeping the Magic.

I think it's very unlikely that Miami will get swept -- about even money that they win the next two games.

Guy

I think it's very unlikely that Miami will get swept -- about even money that they win the next two games.

Guy

My prediction is that they split the series in Miami, then wrap it up in Chicago. The Heat just look tired -- and Wade can't turn it on anymore, which is the critical difference. Also, the Bulls have gotten into the Miami players' heads.

Don Nelson on tonight's game:

How will the Mavs change their approach?

"We were just lucky that first game. They didn't shoot very well, and we didn't either actually. But for whatever reason, we played a little bit better than they did," he said. "I think they'll do just fine the second game. They'll be dominant as they should be and they'll mop us up.

"We have a better chance to get hit by lightning than to win tomorrow night."

Don Nelson on tonight's game:

How will the Mavs change their approach?

"We were just lucky that first game. They didn't shoot very well, and we didn't either actually. But for whatever reason, we played a little bit better than they did," he said. "I think they'll do just fine the second game. They'll be dominant as they should be and they'll mop us up.

"We have a better chance to get hit by lightning than to win tomorrow night."

Don't ever underestimate Big Don's psychological genius (or his ability to be completely full of shit!). His team has nothing to lose, while the Mavs have everything to lose. He knows how to get inside the Mavs' heads. I've said it all along: when the Mavs panic (which is what they do), they start playing Nellie-ball. And losing.

I predict a four-game sweep/upset here, and the Mavs will go down in history as basketball's answer to the '98 Mariners. (I know I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until I'm proven wrong)

Yeah, I'm not sure what Baron was complaining about on a few of those fouls. Stephen Jackson lost his cool too, shocker.

Well, at least he didn't shoot anyone.

I hope he's not suspended next game.

Adonal Foyle playing his first ever playoff game! One of the top 100 centers in the NBA.

Guy

Yeah, I'm not sure what Baron was complaining about on a few of those fouls. Stephen Jackson lost his cool too, shocker.

I had the game on mute while talking on the phone with a buddy of mine when all that happened. Wonder what that was all about?

Well, I'm glad the Mavs won. Nice to see them going back to the game plan that won them 67 games this season. Time will tell if they continue that ride that plan. I hope Avery's learned his lesson.

I was more disappointed than shocked. This was one of my fears going into this series, actually. Not only that, but as soon as Baron got tossed, I knew Jackson would get tossed too. He's like a child who wants the most attention, and he couldn't let Baron upstage him. Too bad Baron lost his head. I've seen it before, but there's usually a fairly good "reason". Tonight, like everybody else, I was just scratchin' my head. D-U-M-B. Matt Barnes has a little of that in him too (he deserved to foul out, yet he had that incredulous look on his face after every obvious foul).

Bottom line, the Mavs played a much better game tonight, with far more agressiveness and focus at both ends of the court.

Oh, and too many bonehead turnovers by the W's.

I don't think the Lakers have it in them to stage a strong showing at home. My guess is the third game in the series will go much like the second, with the bewildered Lakers stumbling all over the court to the tune of a 20+ point loss.

Although a dumb move, I can understand why Baron Davis was upset. The first tech he got was completely unwarranted. The second one was dumb and Josh Howard repeatedly did more over-reacting to foul calls (without any techs) than what Baron did.

That said, the Warriors shot themselves in the foot last night.

Well, it doesn't look like Jackson will be suspended. Phew.

It's the second-most boring series in the playoffs, but I caught a bit of the Pistons-Magic 1st quarter and Dwight Howard had a SICK dunk.

The Rockets could give the Spurs a run in the "most boring-to-watch elite team" department.

Guy

Edited by Guy

Tonight a few of us were talking about Bill Walton, the craziest announcer ever. Here are some great quotes:

"He even flew in his hairdresser, Celeste, so not only does Jermaine O'Neal look pretty, he's looking to play pretty tonight."

-- Bill Walton, after Jermaine ONeal hits a jumper 1.23.2004

"He's been working out in the off-season, on that incredible computer generated body he has."

-- Bill Walton, on Kevin Garnett. 2.1.2004

"You look at Vladimir Radmanovic, this guy is cut from stone. As if Michelangelo was reading and a lightening bolt flashed before him."

-- Bill Walton, 2.8.2004

“Tracy McGrady is doing things we’ve never seen from anybody – from any planet!”

"Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards."

“John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”

"But you have to understand, my beard is so nasty. I mean, it's the only beard in the history of Western civilization that makes Bob Dylan's beard look good."

During one of his hilarious game-intros: “Tonight the Spurs look to extend their lead to 3-0 over the Lakers. This time, however, they will have to do it on the Lakers’ home court. Duncan and Shaq have been magnificent for both teams, but so far the edge has gone to San Antonio. However, the real story line that awaits us tonight in Los Angeles is whether or not Kobe Bryant will actually throw a pass!”

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

On Larry Johnson's lackluster performance in the NBA Finals: "What a pathetic performance by this sad human being. This is a disgrace to the game of basketball and to the NBA. He played like a disgrace tonight. And he deserved it."

"You know why the jump ball is great? The fate of the free world, every night is decided by the jump ball." - Bill Walton preceeding a Celtics 76ers ESPN game last season.

Edited by Guy