The Dentist - Do I HAVE to go?

Maybe I should post this as a PM to Dmitry but ... here goes.

In the last few days (not even sure when it happened) one of my front teeth must have gotten bumped because its now slightly loose (as in, no biting an apple for me).

My question is, if the pain is not at all significant, is a trip to the dentist necessary? When the roots loosen up a little, will they re-solidify around the tooth and stabilize it or this tooth destined to get yanked?

Its not that I don't like the dentist. The thing is, even though I've lived in south Florida quite a while, my regular visits to see the folks have allowed me to continue to get regular (or at least semi-regular) dental care from the Dentist I've been seeing since college. So, strange as it may seem, I've yet to find a local dentist and haven't had need to.

Right now the tooth doesn't hurt at all, I am just being careful with how I bite and chew - my question is, will this heal itself or do I need a dentist to ultimately remove and replace the tooth?

I would go, better safe than sorry. I had two front teeth dislodged in a baseball game several years ago...literally almost out of the socket with a big split through my lip and a crack in the roof of my mouth. Although my appears to be more extreme that yours, they wired my teeth and all is well. I went white water rafting the following day which was not the best thing to do. I never thought I would be able to chew/bite with my front teeth but all is good.

m~

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am cancelling the appointment I made just yesterday ( ain't been since 2003- oooh!)

Before I did not go for 16 years

Not a smidgen of decay

:)

However the first thing they did was xray my teeth. Had me all sat up...did some adjustments and start to count down ....then ran out the room...........like that was gonna calm me down

Now I have seen that picture again I will get the wobbles

Will you delete it if I take away the picture of the hammer drill???

:o

Edited by andybleaden