BFT 47 discussion

couw

Now at 13 - had a break yesterday. Vibes leader, as he goes first? A blues, in 4/4 time. Nothing untoward here, a very listenable performance but I've no idea who or what, not the tune or anything else.

rather than a distinct leader with a bunch of guys in the band, this is more of a collective.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 - not into this kind of thing. I thought for a while there would be no improvisation in it but then we got to the crazy chicken sounds and then the soprano with the monotonous drum off beat. I suppose there must be some intrinsic artistic value in this somewhere but I'm afraid it escapes me. Needless to say, clueless.

I like this response much better than NMCOT or WTF!®

16 - Soprano again - sounds all right, in parts anyway. That's a strange "quacking" noise as a percussion device. No idea what it is. Away from the straight and narrow for me.

edit - I'd forgotten the number.

Edited by tooter

So the imported GDR soprano comes from Holland, then, and is bearer of a kaiserliche first name?

And the real thing is that them Jazz Carriers, then? They're great, I got to play that album again soon, another one that hasn't been played for more than a year!

two cigars!

I don't know how I came to think of this as Hipnosis - they've got as/tb in the frontline... :crazy:

So the imported GDR soprano comes from Holland, then, and is bearer of a kaiserliche first name?

And the real thing is that them Jazz Carriers, then? They're great, I got to play that album again soon, another one that hasn't been played for more than a year!

two cigars!

I don't know how I came to think of this as Hipnosis - they've got as/tb in the frontline... :crazy:

it's the sound! it's HIP!

Thank you for a highly entertaining test, John - lots of stuff in here that I like and will return to. I will be very interested to see who they all are eventually. I kind of miss the chance to guess at well known names but then a succession of prominent jazz tracks in every BFT? - variety is the spice.

thanks for playing tooter. For the piano player on the final track (not Bryant, not Loussier), see my remark in post #47. I will provide some bonus tracks of this group when the answers are posted.

Shit, I can't pin down neither #3 nor #7 John! Just played them again...

Is Hans Koller present on this BFT? (Don't aswer the question if it would make things too easy!)

does that mean you know all the others?

#3 you will have heard before -- actually both #2 and #3 in this order

#7 you have in your (vast) collection

For those folks watching this space, one of the sharity sites out there just uploaded the entire LP to go with BFT47 track 16.

Get it while you can!