The All Seeing Eye

jostber

If you really dig Speak No Evil I think you'd probably be better off getting the following titles before The All Seeing Eye:

JuJu

Night Dreamer

Adam's Apple

Etcetera

Schizophrenia

I agree. And start with 'Juju', then 'Night Dreamer', then the others.

There was a great discussion about this album here. Hard to believe that thread is almost four years old!

do many posts in that thread (on the second, third page if you have as many posts per page as i have) look like, uh, salad (wrong alignment of icons and text, like an html mistake) on anyone else's browser, too?

There was a great discussion about this album here. Hard to believe that thread is almost four years old!

do many posts in that thread (on the second, third page if you have as many posts per page as i have) look like, uh, salad (wrong alignment of icons and text, like an html mistake) on anyone else's browser, too?

They opened up just fine for me.

If you really dig Speak No Evil I think you'd probably be better off getting the following titles before The All Seeing Eye:

JuJu

Night Dreamer

Adam's Apple

Etcetera

Schizophrenia

What Shawn said. I love Wayne and would suggest you stay away from his Footprints(Verve) CD...and some of his latest work until you have spent a lot of time with all of the above.

Enjoy the ride! :)

I have it too. I'm using Firefox. I tried it in IE and it looks fine. :ph34r:

What Shawn said. I love Wayne and would suggest you stay away from his Footprints(Verve) CD...and some of his latest work until you have spent a lot of time with all of the above.

Some wise advice, though you're eventually going to want to get that Footprints Live CD, as well as Beyond the Sound Barrier. Some of the best jazz recorded this millennium.

Some wise advice, though you're eventually going to want to get that Footprints Live CD, as well as Beyond the Sound Barrier. Some of the best jazz recorded this millennium.

Yes! What Sal says as well. It is a great sesssion. Brlliant work IMHO. I don't think you get as much out of it however, if you are not fairly familiar with his previous work. To me, in his newest work, Wayne is telling us where he has been, where he is now, and where he might be going. It is truly magnificent work from a great master. It is autobiographical in a way. I love it.

Jostber, I agree with the Blue Note recommendations. Some fantastic stuff. "Ju Ju", with McCoy and Elvin, is really intense!

If you're a Wayne fan, you will also like his quartet session, "Second Genesis", for Veejay, which is in the Lee Morgan/Wayne Shorter Mosaic set, and is available separately on CD. A friend of mine said it well when he said that there is an inevitability about his playing on that. (It has Art Blakey, as an added inducement.) That is from before he made the Blue Notes.

Edited by Shrdlu