Welcome back!

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, on the SH board (which I think may use this software; I'm probably wrong...) the icon in the first column (here it show topics as "regular" or "hot" topics) can also display an arrow indicating it's a thread that "you" have already made a reply to. I find that very helpful to find the discussions I'm already involved with and was hoping it might be possible to activate it here.

The orange square next to threads means you've read the thread, but I'm not sure about posting.

If I'm not mistaken a small white rectangle - or whatever it's called in English - appears in the icon in the first column on the "View New Posts" page when you've posted to a thread.

I see that now...sweeeeet!

Thanks Hans and Jim! :cool::bwallace:

OK, so the story behind the pic is this: We usually do a tour of northern Michigan which is produced by this guy Tim Scully. Scully is a bassist and music lover and his house is decorated with various instruments on the walls. One day I was getting kind of ansy waiting around for the next gig, since we had been staying at his house while on this tour. So I started taking down the instruments on the walls to see if they would actually play. I think that was when Root Doctor was playing the tour because I'm pretty sure Marge, our lead singer's wife, was the one taking the photos. She has photos of me playing drums (no, they weren't on the wall, but set up in his rehearsal space), upright bass, bass guitar, saxophone (alto and tenor), clarinet, trumpet, and trombone. Probably guitar somewhere, too. Can I actually play those instruments? No, but I can get a tone and play a few notes on the horns.

I think the trombone had something stuck in it and I was having a lot of difficulty getting air through it, hence the expression. But it looks pretty natural to me from seeing other trombonists. ;)

Just dropping by to to say thank you, Jim!

I've been on vacation but checked the forums just before leaving on Sunday morning, and there it was again! Looks good, although I haven't spend more than an hour here, in total, since being away from home (internet browsing isn't what one does when finally on vacation again for a change, is it?) - anyway, it does look very nice, I like it being blue - it's indeed easier on the eyes!

Welcome papsrus!

Yes, welcome.

Ah, and thanks Guy ... good to see you here.

Just noodling around, this looks like a very nice site. I'd registered earlier this year but hadn't visited much. Just messing around with the controls, etc., and checking out the forums. :D

Wotcher Paps!

I also want to say that, now Jim has done whatever he has done this evening to get me back onto e-mail notifications of new posts, I feel that I'm properly back! Thank you so much Jim.

So where's the link through to CD Universe and Amazon now? There's a Lionel Hampton I want to buy at Amazon.fr.

MG

I am planning on getting the Amazon & CDUniverse search bar up again this weekend. I am very happy that the board's email is working again, as I've had folks at my server company and Invision trouble-shooting that one for the past few days! That's good news. Now new people can actually register (hide Chuck)! :)