Anyone remember Brett Somers?

rostasi

I meant to post her obit that the Times ran about a week ago. I had no idea she lived in Westport, CT, right next door to my hometown, or that she was married to Jack Klugman and while they separated they never got around to filing for divorce.

Bret, Charles Nelson Reilly - who also died pretty recently, iirc, and Gene Rayburn made Match Game what it was.

The Monday - Friday Matchgame shows were all taped at a single session. They would start drinking at the beginning and be sloshed by the end. So, when the shows were originally aired, they would get progressively intoxicated as the week went on.

And it seemed to me that Monday on The Gong Show = Friday on The Match Game...

Boy, I enjoyed her on Match Game. For the longest time, I had no idea why else she was famous besides Match Game. In the end, if that was all she was famous for, it would be enough. Her rapport with Charles Nelson Reilly (RIP) made for one of the finest underappreciated comedy teams.

RIP, and thanks for the laffs!

Anybody remember the original Match Game on NBC, early-mid '60's?

Not comedy oriented, and it was two celebrity-led teams competing, but Jayne Mansfield was a frequent celebrity captain...

Oh yeah, but unlike Jeopardy, I think the new one was better. By the way, there's a clip of the old one on YouTube that features Jayne and an "up and coming" Orson Bean...

Edited by Jazzmoose

Not comedy oriented, and it was two celebrity-led teams competing, but Jayne Mansfield was a frequent celebrity captain...

Oh yeah, but unlike Jeopardy, I think the new one was better. By the way, there's a clip of the old one on YouTube that features Jayne and an "up and coming" Orson Bean...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iy2a6-g9sZo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=etiwVa5csz4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EQwXNrgaieE

Segment #2 (the Audience Match) is especially recommended!

I used to make it home from school in time to watch it! I don't remember Jayne, but I do remember Carol Lawrence, Phyllis Newman and Rita Moreno being on a lot.