Mosaic sale, ending October 14

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job my last Mosaic order hasn't shipped yet because one set is on backorder! :excited: I will get in touch with them to modify my order. The Hodges is hot favourite to replace the Nelson set....Thanks Bob.

My thoughts exactly Yves. :) I can see a Gillespie set coming into play !

On second thoughts though, that's 7CDs. Perhaps the Lou Donaldson then.

Edited by sidewinder

The Oliver Nelson box is still at €129,44 at Amazon.fr :(

It may be worth checking the FNAC, Brownie. A couple of years ago I managed to buy the Farlow and the Basie for 33 euros each. It may have been a one-off but I did see the Farlow at that price both in the FNAC in Nancy and Metz.

Edited by ASNL77

Thanks for the Oliver Nelson info. I just bought one from Amazon UK for £32 shipped to the US--great deal!

Who's actually shipping it? Is it a US firm or a UK firm? (Lots of Amazon UK sellers are shipping from the US and this attracts customs dues for Britain.)

MG

Since I bought it from Amazon UK itself (not a seller like Caiman), and since they're offering free shipping within the UK, I would assume it's coming from the UK and not the US.

Edited by vibes

Thanks for the Oliver Nelson info. I just bought one from Amazon UK for £32 shipped to the US--great deal!

Who's actually shipping it? Is it a US firm or a UK firm? (Lots of Amazon UK sellers are shipping from the US and this attracts customs dues for Britain.)

MG

Since I bought it from Amazon UK itself (not a seller like Caiman), and since they're offering free shipping within the UK, I would assume it's coming from the UK and not the US.

Yep- if you are ordering direct from amazon.co.uk then there is no way you should have to pay customs.

MG

Yep- if you are ordering direct from amazon.co.uk then there is no way you should have to pay customs.

That's right for Britain, but Vibes is in the USA. Bit hard to pay customs dues on US manufactured stuff being reimported, but...

maybe you'll get away with it Vibes.

MG

MG

That's right for Britain, but Vibes is in the USA. Bit hard to pay customs dues on US manufactured stuff being reimported, but...

MG

If memory serves, I've ordered a few other things from Amazon UK and Amazon Germany, and I've never paid duties on any of my purchases. Among these purchases were the Tal Farlow and Basie Mosaics.

It may be worth checking the FNAC, Brownie. A couple of years ago I managed to buy the Farlow and the Basie for 33 euros each. It may have been a one-off but I did see the Farlow at that price both in the FNAC in Nancy and Metz.

FNAC.com sells the box for @137,36 :excited:

Moreover I have never seen Mosaic boxes at those prices at the FNAC Paris stores! :angry:

MG

MG

If memory serves, I've ordered a few other things from Amazon UK and Amazon Germany, and I've never paid duties on any of my purchases. Among these purchases were the Tal Farlow and Basie Mosaics.

Well a couple of weeks ago, I paid eleven quid odd, of which eight were to Royal Mail, for a bunch of OJCs I bought from Amazon.uk, but which were shipped by a firm called Thermite-UK, which despite appearances is in South Carolina. I had assumed from their name that the firm was local. Won't make that mistake again.

MG

The US doesn't charge duties on individual orders of compact discs, LPs, etc. imported into the country. I looked it up on the net once and found that they are specifically excluded, but I can't seem to find anything about it on the net right now. Also, unlike Europe, there's no mechanism in the US for inspection of individual orders coming in from abroad, assignment of duties to those orders, and then collection of those duties by the postal service or private package services (e.g., UPS, FedEx).

The US doesn't charge duties on individual orders of compact discs, LPs, etc. imported into the country. I looked it up on the net once and found that they are specifically excluded, but I can't seem to find anything about it on the net right now. Also, unlike Europe, there's no mechanism in the US for inspection of individual orders coming in from abroad, assignment of duties to those orders, and then collection of those duties by the postal service or private package services (e.g., UPS, FedEx).

Cor!

MG

cor - expl - ooh! Once a part of the phrase "cor blimey", this is now used on its own to mean something like "ooh!". And here was you thinking that was some sort of typo.

cor blimey - expl a rather older-fashioned term of surprise, which has mostly migrated these days into just "blimey" or, more rarely, "cor".

cor - expl - ooh! Once a part of the phrase "cor blimey", this is now used on its own to mean something like "ooh!". And here was you thinking that was some sort of typo.

cor blimey - expl a rather older-fashioned term of surprise, which has mostly migrated these days into just "blimey" or, more rarely, "cor".

Isn't that a British-English expression?

Isn't that a British-English expression?

Yes! I had to check the definition, to see what it meant in "real" English! :P

LOL @ Ron's comment, upon which I won't comment!

FNAC.com sells the box for @137,36 :excited:

Moreover I have never seen Mosaic boxes at those prices at the FNAC Paris stores! :angry:

I have never seen them at that price either since that time. It was a bit of a shock when I found those sets for 33 euros. The FNAC is usually very expensive when it comes to jazz and the prices on their website are extortionate. I must confess I hardly buy any jazz in France as we have (or used to have with Fopp) cheaper sellers in the UK. Even Amazon UK seems to be cheaper than Amazon France.

Edited by ASNL77