Rare 'Retha

danasgoodstuff

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, they do perceive Pushkin differently, and that is important.

Of course it is, because perception forms a large part of understanding. It might even be the impetus behind it.

"Differently" goes to the core of the matter. There are different perceptions, and therefore different understandings. To claim that all perceptions (and therefore all understandings) are the same is insulting to all concerned & quite possibly rooted in either arrogance and/or mush-headedness.

Now as to how "better" got into the discussion, hell if I know. But it smells fishy to me. To advocate for acknowledgement of difference is in no way to advocate for "better".

And I still say that anybody who gets..."defensive" about acknowledging difference as an unalienable fact of life and god-given right probably has issues with somebody else being able to perceive/understand/therefore be something/somebody that they are not, especially if that something else is something they like & would enjoy being themself. What better way to be that something than to proclaim that difference is either non-existant or unimportant. Unilateral obliteration of individualities, all in the name of Unity. What could be easier?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Or we can just say fuck it all, hold hands, make babies, and forget millenia of history. Just wipe the slate fucking clean & start over.

Yeah, sure we can.

My compare and contrast article on vthis set and Miles Complete Corner got published in the Music Millennium email newsletter and I can email it to anyone who's interested (it's too long and I don't feel like figuring out how to post it), and yes I know it's at least one rewrite and a lot of editting away from being done. Me, I don't listen to a lot of gospel, even though I do listen to a lot of gospel influenced pop music of various sorts, for reason musical and extra- ....danasgoodstuff@yahoo.com

Edited by danasgoodstuff

• 1 year later...