alocispepraluger102: Your Avatar is Disgusting

Tim McG

Really simple solution.

Go to "My Controls>Board Settings". Under "Do you wish to view members avatars when reading topics?" Change your answer to 'No".

"Problem" solved.

Please.

Censorship is no answer. Insulting my intelligence isn't either.

I have posed a question of BBS etiquette.

Is that a problem?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aloc's avatar, I think, is from a series of cartoons with similar themes. My wife and I used to go to the Cleveland Cinemateque when they hosted the Spike and Mike's Sick and Twisted film festival, and they used to show a number of shorts from the same artist that did Aloc's avatar. They're actually pretty funny.

In small like-minded circles of friends, yes.

On a public BBS, not at all.

Because in order for me to read any thread he posts on, I must first be subjected to that disgustingly self-abusing avatar.

I say: Show some class.

Edited by GoodSpeak

I think this thread is what should be deleted, it's just going to be all about negative BS. Maybe now that it's served its purpose we could lose it?

I cracked up when I saw the avatar, I thought it was hilarious, especially coming from aloc. :g

Maybe this is more of a PM* issue?

Edit: *no, not pre-menopausal......

Or maybe it's time to see beyond your own personal views and see the big picture.

News flash: Not everybody thinks like you do.

Nuff said?

I guess I don't get it. What's the "big picture" here that I'm not seeing? You're entitled to your opinion, sure. I guess I was just wondering why it wasn't something that could have been taken care of privately. Are you looking to make a point, or do you need someone to agree with you?

Either way, your sarcastic reply makes me not really care anymore. So have at it......

Edit: Since I joined this board I have made a rule for myself to never post anything negative or unkind, so I won't be posting on this thread any more. I'm trying to create some positivity in my life, and this isn't it.

Edited by Free For All

Aloc's avatar, I think, is from a series of cartoons with similar themes. My wife and I used to go to the Cleveland Cinemateque when they hosted the Spike and Mike's Sick and Twisted film festival, and they used to show a number of shorts from the same artist that did Aloc's avatar. They're actually pretty funny.

In small like-minded circles of friends, yes.

On a public BBS, not at all.

Because in order for me to read any thread he posts on, I must first be subjected to that disgustingly self-abusing avatar.

I say: Show some class.

class ah, yes! a morton feldman avatar, but later this morning.

To get this thread on to important things, I offer this quote from an Eagles' fan.

That's not how the Pats are playing. They are systematically destroying teams, then kicking them when they are down just to make sure they are dead. Then they piss on the corpses. The Pats are playing angry, no holds barred, no mercy. It is a beautiful thing to watch.

:lol:

Really simple solution.

Go to "My Controls>Board Settings". Under "Do you wish to view members avatars when reading topics?" Change your answer to 'No".

"Problem" solved.

Please.

Censorship is no answer. Insulting my intelligence isn't either.

I have posed a question of BBS etiquette.

Is that a problem?

Goodspeak, doubleplusgood netpost. Bellyfeel fullwise. Badtoon doubleplusungood. Crimethink. Not look. BB watch. We know. Aloc to joycamp. Not party, no read this.

To get this thread on to important things, I offer this quote from an Eagles' fan.

That's not how the Pats are playing. They are systematically destroying teams, then kicking them when they are down just to make sure they are dead. Then they piss on the corpses. The Pats are playing angry, no holds barred, no mercy. It is a beautiful thing to watch.

The Pats are self-abusing the rest of the NFL. Big giant, HUGE problem. :P

I guess I don't get it. What's the "big picture" here that I'm not seeing? You're entitled to your opinion, sure. I guess I was just wondering why it wasn't something that could have been taken care of privately. Are you looking to make a point, or do you need someone to agree with you?

Either way, your sarcastic reply makes me not really care anymore. So have at it......

No more sarcastic than yours, Free.

Common sense, dear boy....common sense.

No more sarcastic than yours, Free.

Common sense, dear boy....common sense.

Cool, we're straight then! Happy holidays!

arggg...the holiday season is upon us... :party: :party: :party:

Indeed it is, Squire! Time to pour up some good juice, put on some Pops Poopadeaux, and lay it on mellow for all the swingin' cats and chicks out there in Organissimossimo land.

Indeed. I must take my own advice and be thankful for all that is good in the world. Chillin' as we speak. Time to get on the goodfoot.:)