Britney Spears Hospitalized

Sad, but I can't stop holding my breath. <_<

Keep it up. Ignore the blackouts. Keep going ....

You said you were blocking my posts with the ignore function. You have to be honest with yourself first Dan.

yeah well, no more free rides for an a-hole like you.

How's that anger management class coming along?

How's that health problem?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad, but I can't stop holding my breath. <_<

Keep it up. Ignore the blackouts. Keep going ....

You said you were blocking my posts with the ignore function. You have to be honest with yourself first Dan.

yeah well, no more free rides for an a-hole like you.

How's that anger management class coming along?

How's that health problem?

Just fine Dan. How's that low self esteem problem?

Yeah, let's get back to making fun of the Britney trainwreck!

eee.....like I said before, she needs to stop drinking and/or drugging, go to meetings and get a sponsor. It's pretty sad to see someone fall apart, in the news or on a street corner.

It's fun to watch celebrity crash and burn, but is it ok? I don't like her as a celebrity, but she has some serious problems...whatever they are. I have friends and relatives with all sorts of problems and it's more of a heartbreak than anything else.

It's a vicarious kick for a lot of people to see someone "live the dream" & then "pay the price". It confirms for them that their "normal" life of unquestioning conformity & role-playing is really the best that life has to offer, and that they really shouldn't try to do anything other than stay right where they are. Unfortunately, that ends up framing things like "effort" and "success" in totally unrealistically magnified mega-terms, and the very real pleasures of rewards of smaller scale/less recognized "personal progress" end up getting lost. And so do"the beast" and his minions claim more souls. Britney's just the bait.

It's a vicarious kick for a lot of people to see someone "live the dream" & then "pay the price". It confirms for them that their "normal" life of unquestioning conformity & role-playing is really the best that life has to offer, and that they really shouldn't try to do anything other than stay right where they are.

Works for me. :cool:

It's a vicarious kick for a lot of people to see someone "live the dream" & then "pay the price". It confirms for them that their "normal" life of unquestioning conformity & role-playing is really the best that life has to offer, and that they really shouldn't try to do anything other than stay right where they are.

OTOH, have you considered that in fact Britney is "role-playing" the ten thousandth performance of "child star achieves great success, can't handle it, descends into booze & drug pit of despair"?

OTOH, have you considered that in fact Britney is "role-playing" the ten thousandth performance of "child star achieves great success, can't handle it, descends into booze & drug pit of despair"?

What's your point?

I imagine Britney's a spoiled brat whose only reaction to not getting her way is to pitch a fit. She's never learned anything different. Hell, it always worked in the past! Mix in some booze and things really get ugly and irrational. With all the money and power and people kissing her behind, in her own mind she's probably never been wrong no matter how poor her decisions or how harsh the consequences. I'd guess her reaction to everything which has transpired recently is to be indignant.

Then again, I don't know her or care and could be wrong.

Sure, that's a given.

But not my point.

Sure, that's a given.

But not my point.

OK, and my reaction to the fascination with Brit doesn't have anything to do with "conformity" or enjoying someone "pay the price" but rather that it is nothing other than the same instinct to rubber-neck at the site of a car wreck.

Sure, that's a given.

But not my point.

OK, and my reaction to the fascination with Brit doesn't have anything to do with "conformity" or enjoying someone "pay the price" but rather that it is nothing other than the same instinct to rubber-neck at the site of a car wreck.

Apparently, it's more of a medical issue than a "booze & drug pit of despair".

Sure, that's a given.

But not my point.

Indeed, which is why I said "a lot of people" as opposed to just "people".

But believe me, in small towns across America, there are oodles and boodles of people comforting themselves with the notion that whatever dreams and/or ideas that they might have had but didn't follow through on, well, it's all for the best because the more you get the more you want and pretty soon you end up wanting it all and if you get it you'll just end up like Britney Spears so ain't we got it great right here right now?

Even if their dream was just to not be where they are now when they got to be this age. Even if their idea was to get to be a not so big fish in a not so small pond.

Trust me, "these people" are my people, and I know it's going on. It always has and it always will.

Sure, that's a given.

But not my point.

Indeed, which is why I said "a lot of people" as opposed to just "people".

But believe me, in small towns across America, there are oodles and boodles of people comforting themselves with the notion that whatever dreams and/or ideas that they might have had but didn't follow through on, well, it's all for the best because the more you get the more you want and pretty soon you end up wanting it all and if you get it you'll just end up like Britney Spears so ain't we got it great right here right now?

Even if their dream was just to not be where they are now when they got to be this age. Even if their idea was to get to be a not so big fish in a not so small pond.

Trust me, "these people" are my people, and I know it's going on. It always has and it always will.

I often think about how truly lucky I am... I used to feel envy and jealousy when I'd see, hear, or read articles about the success of drummers who had "made it' to the superstar category, and wondering what it would be like to have all that adoration and BIG money.

Then I started seeing beyond that to the realities and dues they pay for their fame. Many have ended up with chronic tour fatique, strung out on booze & drugs and burned out. And some like Moon and Bonham dead at an early age from just too much of everything. It seems most young pop stars (musicians, entertainers, and actors) are too often not emotionally equipped to handle the fast lane of fame & fortune.

Enough of Britney already.. :mellow:

Edited by randissimo

Yeah, let's get back to making fun of the Britney trainwreck!

I dunno, it's difficult to derive pleasure from watching the hapless walk into walls and self-destruct. Too easy....like pulling wings off a pathetic little fly. On the other hand, watching dangerous, unrepentant sociopaths like Mr. 'If I Did It' OJ get his crank stuck in the wringer at near every turn is somewhat amusing. Crowd pleasing stuff there!

070524_dodgersEat_hmed5p.hmedium.jpg

I sympathize with most of the celebs that have to deal with paparazzi bullshit each and every day, but I've been in Hollywood long enough to know that Brit brings most of this on herself. I'm not sure if she's enabling the press or vice versa, but telling the court that she's afraid to show up because of the paps is ludicrous. The chick hits Starbucks, supermarkets, and gas stations far more than any "common" person I know, leading the paps around like a pack of trained dogs. She may be unstable, bipolar, whatever - but she also knows what she's doing. If I thought she was smart enough, I'd almost believe she was pulling some brilliant Andy Kaufman/Tony Clifton punk on all of us. But no, she's just once-successful poor white trash putting on a show as she burns out in public. Sad, yes, but funny too, and I can't blame anyone for watching/enjoying this particular crash-and-burn.

I sympathize with most of the celebs that have to deal with paparazzi bullshit each and every day, but I've been in Hollywood long enough to know that Brit brings most of this on herself. I'm not sure if she's enabling the press or vice versa, but telling the court that she's afraid to show up because of the paps is ludicrous. The chick hits Starbucks, supermarkets, and gas stations far more than any "common" person I know, leading the paps around like a pack of trained dogs. She may be unstable, bipolar, whatever - but she also knows what she's doing. If I thought she was smart enough, I'd almost believe she was pulling some brilliant Andy Kaufman/Tony Clifton punk on all of us. But no, she's just once-successful poor white trash putting on a show as she burns out in public. Sad, yes, but funny too, and I can't blame anyone for watching/enjoying this particular crash-and-burn.

January 17, 2008

Four Paparazzi Arrested After Chasing Britney Spears

By REUTERS

Filed at 1:16 p.m. ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Four photographers were arrested for reckless driving after a late night car chase of pop star Britney Spears on the outskirts of Los Angeles, police said on Thursday.

Los Angeles police spokeswoman Sara Faden said the four were among a group of paparazzi seen driving at high speed in the Mission Hills area of the city around 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday on the trail of the troubled singer.

"Britney Spears was part of the group, but was not driving recklessly," Faden said. She said four men were booked for reckless driving and each ordered to put up $5,000 bail.

According to the celebrity Web site TMZ.com, Spears told police that one of the cars, which she could not identify, may have tried to run her off the road.

Spears, 26, has been trailed by paparazzi day and night for several months as her personal and professional life has fallen apart following her divorce from Kevin Federline and bitter battles over the custody of her two children.