Organissimo...AAJ Polital dumping ground?

Soul Stream

Life was simpler then, but I really like it here. This is such a great board. I prefer the board software in every way to the BNBB.

I just hope this board will grow and grow and.....

:rsmile: :g:g :rsmile:

I TOTALLY agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoy using this board software much more than the Blue Note BB software...feels good not to be CONSTANTLY WATCHED BY CORPORATE EYES TOO!

Whatt'l Tom at Blue Note do now that all of us wee folk aren't there to CAUSE "TROUBLE"!? They probably have him workin' in the Angel Records warehouse or somethin'!

I wonder if any of the suits from BNBB have been sniffing around over here

to see what's up? They must have heard about "organissimo forum" by now..

:excited::D:rolleyes:

I hardly ever look at the AAJ page. I know not what goes on over there. I monitored it for a few days and I wish it well. However, so much of the discussion on that board, to me, is 'been there, done that.' I feel 'at home' HERE.

While I understand this Board is not focused around politics... I also understand that we are currently in a 'high politics' time in our history. I believe it's natural for our interest in jazz to lessen till the political scene calms.

I will admit, some of my regular 'jazz enjoyment time' has been replaced by CNN & FoxNews of late. I haven't forgotten it and I will get back to 'all that jazz' when time permits.

I'm glad there is an open Politics forum maintained on this board.

Can anyone believe that this board has only been around less than 3 weeks????? Doesn't it seem like it has been up for months? Relax! Politics will die down...if folks turn off the news for a few hours, and play some jazz, ideas will come back!

Edited by BERIGAN

I find the this board in general more good natured than the B**B.Let's invite Pharoahrock and DEEP... over from AAJ for some sensible and considered debate

Deep is here under the name "Wingy (I Stayed Bombed)"... he hasn't posted yet.

Could that be self-censorship at work,a little sensitive gesture re. his current moniker?

Brit jazz rules!!!(only joking...)

pepe:  Oop-bop-sad'dam, a-klook-a-mop.

Surely you can't be serious!!! That's the most lame thing I've heard all day!

You must be a member of political party X. Of course, those of us in political party Y know the REAL truth. But you and your small-minded colleagues refuse to accept or even acknowledge OUR position, which as every party Y member knows is:

Oop-BAP-sad'dam, a-phillyjoe-a-mop.

...or maybe you're one of those guys from country Z, in which case your opinion is irrelevant. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been posting near as much lately. I've been busy doing other things. I, too, appreciate the political forum on this board. I don't agree with all posted opinions but I do agree with the right to post 'em.

Edited by wesbed

I was all for having politics on this board, but now that religion has been added, this place is losing some of it's luster for me. When we were discussing the idea of having politics on the AAJ board, I was all for it with the exception being the discussion of religion.

It's also a drag that some people come from other boards just to piss in the pool here. The tone's been getting a lot nastier lately.

:rmad: