Organissimo...AAJ Polital dumping ground?

Soul Stream

I check in a couple times a day. It's been getting less and less. Then I realized it's because when I hit the "new posts", it's almost entirely political stuff.

I'm one of the one's that really pushed for this to be an open forum. To include politics. However, is everyone doing their jazz discussion on AAJ and then jumping over here to talk politics?

If that's the case, I'd like to see someone throw us a jazz topic bone every once in a while. I don't go to AAJ, so this is my only source for jazz. However, if it just turns mostly politics because AAJ won't host that discussion, I'll probably come less and less. I could see it withering the board.

Bear in mind, however, that the political climate is highly charged these days. Our minds are very much preoccupied with all that's going on, and with all the media outlets constantly speaking of war, it's only natural that discussion forums such as this one would be dominated by often heated political debates.

In time, hopefully, a decisive conclusion will be reached concerning Operation Snuff Saddam, and once again we can turn our attention to that which we love: music, music, music. And beer. And snowboarding. And...

I like our political forum. Users should be able to avoid it easily and still have good jazz discussion in other areas of the boards too. I'm keeping a close eye on things in there, most of the posts are relevant and to-the-topic, as long as users aren't baiting each other. People agree and disagree all the time, and being on the internet just makes it easier to tell someone off for their opinion, but that doesn't make it right.

Word. I frequent all the boards, and jump in where it seems I can contribute, but I still consider this "home".

Any board will be what its member make it, pure and simple. The recent political talk has been heated, but that's what backrooms are for, right?

This is a hip joint, and there's no reason for it not to stay that way. Keep it lively, keep it loose, and keep the dirty stuff in the back.

And check all guns at the door.

Let me steer this baby back on track.... I'm not against the political forum at all. I'm just saying this. If you're posting your jazz stuff on AAJ almost exclusively, then coming over here to talk politics...save some of your jazz thoughts for this site.

Thanks Soul Stream!

Like Jim, I consider this board home too. I just think it's going to get better and better. It's nice that we have a place to share our feelings in this difficult time. I think this is the perfect home for the BNBB refuges. AAJ was already settled when we arrived, this board was created just for us.

I hope everyone who's lurking or just checking this board out, will jump in the pool with us.

This board is what WE make of it, good or bad.

I can't thank B3-er and Use3d enough for all their hard work on our behalf.

:rsmile: :D :rsmile: :D :rsmile:

And we've got roboticons here!

Yeah...this is the place for me. I don't go to AAJ anymore. Nothing against it at all. Glad that ended up being a refuge for the old BNBB folks as well. For me, this is make it or break it. I like the smaller amount of activity here in a way, smaller group seems more intimate to me anyway. Without this site, I think I would just shut down the computer.

I'm not even able to connect to the AAJ site right now. Maybe that will steer over some more jazz discussion here.

Speaking for myself, I'm very busy these days, and I haven't got enough time for posting much. I expect things to ease down very soon, though, and I certainly intend to do my JAZZ posting here at Organissimo!

Well...I guess it's no secret what I think of the political threads. I'm glad we've got them, I just wish we could stay on politics and away from the personal attacks. I thought we had it down at first, but I don't know...

I must admit, I've been drifting away from the "both boards" approach and just coming here lately. Like Soul Stream, I guess the lower activity level is a plus, although I wouldn't mind a wee bit more. I don't know; this place just feels like home, ya know?

I don't care much for the political discussions - because I think they take focus from what should be the main content of a board like this.

If you cancel the political threads, the activity on AAJ seems slightly higher than here - maybe because they have 700 members compared to this

boards' 200.

In addition to that, I just learned that Jazz Corner has a new lay out, so now I'm posting on three boards. Life was simpler when BNBB was the one and only.

If you cancel the political threads, the activity on AAJ seems slightly higher than here - maybe because they have 700 members compared to this

boards' 200.

In addition to that, I just learned that Jazz Corner has a new lay out, so now I'm posting on three boards. Life was simpler when BNBB was the one and only.

Life was simpler then, but I really like it here. This is such a great board. I prefer the board software in every way to the BNBB.

I think the most difficult task we face here is getting the word out about the Organissimo forum. Just as BN had a built in way of getting new people to their board, AAJ will continue to attract new board members. I tried to spread the word over at AAJ, but I realized that I was only posting over there to tell people about this board. :P So I stopped doing it.

I just hope this board will grow and grow and.....

:rsmile: :g:g :rsmile:

Life was simpler then, but I really like it here. This is such a great board. I prefer the board software in every way to the BNBB.

I just hope this board will grow and grow and.....

:rsmile: :g:g :rsmile:

I TOTALLY agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoy using this board software much more than the Blue Note BB software...feels good not to be CONSTANTLY WATCHED BY CORPORATE EYES TOO!

Whatt'l Tom at Blue Note do now that all of us wee folk aren't there to CAUSE "TROUBLE"!? They probably have him workin' in the Angel Records warehouse or somethin'!

I really enjoy using this board software much more than the Blue Note BB software...feels good not to be CONSTANTLY WATCHED BY CORPORATE EYES TOO!

Whatt'l Tom at Blue Note do now that all of us wee folk aren't there to CAUSE "TROUBLE"!? They probably have him workin' in the Angel Records warehouse or somethin'!

I wouldn't be surprised if they're paying attention to us a little. I would.

I'm sure Tom will be busy when the new board opens up in May. I can just picture the new Questionsfortomatbluenote thread ......

(It might be like this example)

"I really like Norah Jones record, so I bought another cd from your label. It was by someone named Booby Hutcherson. It was horrible! Just noise. It was like animals dying. It made my ears bleed. I can't believe you'd put out product like that...."

and so on......

:g

This could just be me, but I find the political forum here to be much more good-natured than the political discussions at BNBB.

I find the this board in general more good natured than the B**B.Let's invite Pharoahrock and DEEP... over from AAJ for some sensible and considered debate

Why I oughta...

Perhaps we should release the Roboticons Photoshop Builder Kit, ver 1.0.  That way members could design their own roboticons and enter them into a contest.

Hm.... that would be pretty fun actually! :)

That would be cool. I'd make jazzicons.

You can make frozen jazzicons simply by pouring Kool-Aid into the ice tray, cover with plastic wrap, and insert toothpicks.

It's a treat your kids will love! ;)

Perhaps we should release the Roboticons Photoshop Builder Kit, ver 1.0.  That way members could design their own roboticons and enter them into a contest.

Hm.... that would be pretty fun actually! :)

That would be cool. I'd make jazzicons.

You can make frozen jazzicons simply by pouring Kool-Aid into the ice tray, cover with plastic wrap, and insert toothpicks.

It's a treat your kids will love! ;)

You're better than that Timer guy! (remember, Time for Timer on the old Saturday Morning Cartoons).

I'm going to make a Satchmo! He's the guy who did the duet with the great Kenny G. :P