Why did the chicken cross the road

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just goes to show, no one does jim like jim.

of course, the post should have been a hell of a lot longer. ^_^

Well, it would have been, except that there's a road crew outside repaving our street, and now there's a damn chicken up underneath our carpet trying to peck it's way out.

Seriously!

Hi Chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez here--- i have a Crown lp: Pete Johnson--Hadda Brooks...swings the CHICKEN (CLP 5058)----the lp doesnt say which side of the road the chicken crossed to, also i suspect the chicken CHANGED its direction specifically to cash in on "hens"- (crown did this frequently i have heard) --- anyways- titles are

swingin' the hen

teen age hen

honky tonk hen

variety hen

hip shakin' hen

hen celeste

rock and roll hen

stompin' with hens

lazy hen

chop chop hen

hen dance

blusin' the hen

Hi Chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez here--- i have a Crown lp: Pete Johnson--Hadda Brooks...swings the CHICKEN (CLP 5058)----the lp doesnt say which side of the road the chicken crossed to, also i suspect the chicken CHANGED its direction specifically to cash in on "hens"- (crown did this frequently i have heard) --- anyways- titles are

swingin' the hen

teen age hen

honky tonk hen

variety hen

hip shakin' hen

hen celeste

rock and roll hen

stompin' with hens

lazy hen

chop chop hen

hen dance

blusin' the hen

Probably a bootleg. Or wing.

REV. JEREMIAH WRIGHT: The chicken has sown the seeds of discontent within the chicken community, and now those chickens are coming home to roost. We should not be saying "God Bless the Chicken," but "God run over that damn chicken!"

BARACK OBAMA: I unequivocally am distancing myself from the chicken, whom I have known for 20 years, and in whose coop I spent 20 years.

DUBYA: The chicken, see.... if.... if the chicken.... with the economic [pause] STIMulus package.... see, the road he's facing.... and we're all.... facing the war on terrists.... it just makes sense..... for him to cross the road.....

MARK LEVIN: Now I know a lot of you are thinking, what about the chicken? What if he gets run over? Well, I'll TELL you what I think of that chicken: he's a chicken because HE'S A LIBERAL! AND ALL LIBERALS ARE CHICKENS! AND YOU KNOW WHAT I SAY TO THAT LIBERAL CHICKEN? SCREW HIM! HE'S A LIBERAL CHICKEN! YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU HEARD ME! LET HIM GET RUN OVER! YOU DON'T FRIGHTEN ME, YOU LIBERAL LEFT-WING CHICKEN WACKOS. GET OUTTA HERE, YOU MAKE ME SICK. WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK!

GOODSPEAK:

Huh?

I'm saying crossing the road doesn't increase a chicken's vision. Or talent, or skill.

They increase chicken muscle mass. Period.

Steroids do not make chickens see the road better or cross the road more quickly.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Sheesh.

There is a 14 CD set of the sounds of the chicken crossing the road, available on Lonehill for $9.99.

Some Puritan is going to start a flame war about how Lonehill's reissues rip off the jazz musician, but there are complex issues involving the difference between U.S. and European copyright laws here, and anyway...LOOSEN UP!...I just want to hear the sounds!

Plus, if Lonehill doesn't put this out, the sounds will be lost to us forever, or available only on hard to find, scratchy old vinyl which no one carries anymore anyway.

You can also download the highlights of the 14 CD set on www.chickensalad.com Now, someone will complain that these downloads take money out of the hands of the legitimate record company owners. I say, get with it! This is 2008, man, not 1972 anymore! That boat has sailed! If the record companies don't embrace the downloading revolution, they have only their own sorry asses to blame for sinking into well-deserved oblivion.

There is also an 86 CD set of these same chicken sounds, with added outtakes, now available on ebay, on the Hurtling Violet label. For completists only.

GA Russell: The chicken crossed the road and died late yesterday afternoon. Many people had come to love this bird when its picture appeared as the cover of Poultry New in 1988. RIP

ValerieB: It was a lovely chicken. We exchanged looks last year at a Birds of a Feather gathering in Sacramento.

CHUCK NESSA:

First, I want to say chicken-sharing has damaged all of the poultry biz, large and small. Colonel Sanders is convinced he has lost at least 10% a year to chicken-sharing. For small poultry farms, 10% is the difference between losing money and losing more money.

More importantly, chicken-sharing has nurtured a generation of young folk who think chicken should be free and crossing the road is their "right".

I am having trouble deciding which of the Blue Note CD reissues of the Sounds Of the Chicken Crossing The Road to buy.

The 1987 CD had terrible sound. It sounds like it was recorded underwater. The 1994 reissue was somewhat better, but is probably no match for the current reissues.

Does anyone have an opinion on the merits and downsides of the 20 bit remaster version, the 24 bit remaster version, the RVG reissue, and the SACD reissue? I should probably just get all four, but I am getting tired of buying multiple copies of the same sounds!

I am having trouble deciding which of the Blue Note CD reissues of the Sounds Of the Chicken Crossing The Road to buy.

The 1987 CD had terrible sound. It sounds like it was recorded underwater. The 1994 reissue was somewhat better, but is probably no match for the current reissues.

Does anyone have an opinion on the merits and downsides of the 20 bit remaster version, the 24 bit remaster version, the RVG reissue, and the SACD reissue? I should probably just get all four, but I am getting tired of buying multiple copies of the same sounds!

felser: I've got a copy of each for sale!

Just received via e-mail:

Just heard from XXX XXXXXX that the chicken has returned. When asked why he had crossed the road, the chicken repiled "To take a walk, bitch. That's why. That, and to get some. Is that so g-d-damn hard to figure out?"

And then after a long pause:

"Stupid motherfucker."