Go Tori Amos!!!

robynbrock84

She just came out with a new dvd on 9/30 called "Tori Amos Live at Montreux 1991-1992" and it is incredible! she never seems to disappoint me with her beautiful voice! she is great! i havent been able to stop watching it...seriously amazing!!

http://crackle.com/c/Music/Tori_Amos_Thank...%26fu%3d2455234

-Robyn Fontana

why are you doing all this, robyn? :g

love this one:

"Don’t you hate it when you miss some of your favorite artist live?

Well now I don’t feel bad anymore about missing Tori Amos. . I heard from my friend that Tori Amos is absolutely breath taking onstage and that I can catch her live at Montreaux during 1991-1992 performance DVD when its out in a few days, sept 30th. I cant wait to see it, im so excited.

Robyn

Fontana"

http://forums.explosm.net/showthread.php?p=866943#post866943

http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/showthread.php?t=35790

http://www.folkalley.com/community/forum/i.../topic,150.html

http://www.metrolyrics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3261

and many more

- Niko DFG (following the tradition of using the name of the one who pays you as a second name)

This was the original title of the DVD:

When an artist feels so secure about their own music despite having the neediest fan base on the planet that they allow themselves to cast certain conventions like proper grammar and run-on sentences to the wind like the breeze that blew through my hair on a morning when you said we were true but deep down you were only thinking of you and her and him and me and baby makes three of a kind of blue feeling I had when you said something about how I'm always going on and on and on and on and on but never really stopping to think or breathe or touch or taste or smell or live like we used to do before your heart became black like the darkest night without a dream to my name that we used to believe we would share and share was what we did before we stopped sharing our dreams and feelings and nothing more than feelings would bring us so close to you my superstar my dream my love goodbye my love to love you baby you're a rich fag achoo! Gezhundheit!

Edited by Big Al

I once had a client who sent me 20 Tori Amos CDs to re-master; he wanted me to make him a special group of compilation discs out of them - I had to be sedated for months afterward - Tori Amos has got to be the worst, most cloying, self-pitying, narcissistic performer I have EVER encountered (except for Lou Donaldson in the recording called Hot Dog) -

I once had a client who sent me 20 Tori Amos CDs to re-master; he wanted me to make him a special group of compilation discs out of them - I had to be sedated for months afterward - Tori Amos has got to be the worst, most cloying, self-pitying, narcissistic performer I have EVER encountered (except for Lou Donaldson in the recording called Hot Dog) -

I can't believe you said yes....

reminds me that i forgot to post my impressions of that joan baez concert...

When an artist feels so secure about their own music despite having the neediest fan base on the planet that they allow themselves to cast certain conventions like proper grammar and run-on sentences to the wind like the breeze that blew through my hair on a morning when you said we were true but deep down you were only thinking of you and her and him and me and baby makes three of a kind of blue feeling I had when you said something about how I'm always going on and on and on and on and on but never really stopping to think or breathe or touch or taste or smell or live like we used to do before your heart became black like the darkest night without a dream to my name that we used to believe we would share and share was what we did before we stopped sharing our dreams and feelings and nothing more than feelings would bring us so close to you my superstar my dream my love goodbye my love to love you baby you're a rich fag achoo! Gezhundheit!

YOU TRYIN' TO BE FUNNY, AL??? :rmad:

I should come down to Texas to kick your ass for making fun of my favorite artist/singer.

"neediest fan base": DAMN RIGHT! Just because we NEED to have her beautiful voice and profound lyrics in our life doesn't mean you can make fun of it. If you had a soul, maybe you would be able to grasp the depth of her talent. Obviously, this is not the case.

"wind like the breeze that blew through my hair on a morning": yes, her music touches me like a cool morning breeze, blowing new life into my mundane existence.

"your heart became black like the darkest night": talking about yourself there, pal? A world without Tori's music is very dark, of that I'm sure.

"my superstar my dream my love": I once had a dream that I was a Bösendorfer piano bench, on tour with Tori. Since you are too busy living a life of mockery, you probably aren't aware of the raw love and sexual energy she bestows on it while playing.

Gezhundheit yourself, motherfucker.

:crazy::P:w

YOU TRYIN' TO BE FUNNY, AL??? :rmad:

I should come down to Texas to kick your ass for making fun of my favorite artist/singer.

"neediest fan base": DAMN RIGHT! Just because we NEED to have her beautiful voice and profound lyrics in our life doesn't mean you can make fun of it. If you had a soul, maybe you would be able to grasp the depth of her talent. Obviously, this is not the case.

"wind like the breeze that blew through my hair on a morning": yes, her music touches me like a cool morning breeze, blowing new life into my mundane existence.

"your heart became black like the darkest night": talking about yourself there, pal? A world without Tori's music is very dark, of that I'm sure.

"my superstar my dream my love": I once had a dream that I was a Bösendorfer piano bench, on tour with Tori. Since you are too busy living a life of mockery, you probably aren't aware of the raw love and sexual energy she bestows on it while playing.

Gezhundheit yourself, motherfucker.

:crazy::P:w

:rofl:

I hear you baby, loud and clear! :D:lol:

I used to be a fairly big Tori Amos fan 10 years ago, but my interest has definitely moderated over the years.

I've seen her three times in concert (a couple of those were more cuz of who I was dating at the time, but I was still more than glad to go). She's great at what she does, but my interests have just developed elsewhere. Still have a half-a-dozen of her discs, but don't spin them all that much anymore.

I still think she's a pretty good song-writer, and a far better than average singer.