Karl Berger here?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested to hear Karl's comments on the "Where Fortune Smiles" session. There are many "urban legend" stories connected to that side.

iyed8p.jpg

Love the samples I heard, just can't afford the cd at the moment. <_<

Kick-ass record.

Yeah. I haven't heard this one in a while. A friend of mine owns it. I bet he NEVER listens to it anymore, and never will... There is an absolutely priceless picture of Stu Martin in it, if I remember.

I would love to hear this again...

Allen, if no other friend will tell you, I will tell you. Your delightfully zany posts are crossing the line into something else, something not good. If you are writing with no filter, I would put the filter back in. You have a lot to contribute, but you are going too far into an unappealing place.

Thanks. That concert felt good indeed, and it was a special occassion.

I am still not sure, how this forum works. Is everyone reading what I am replying to you ?

If so: I am sticking around and if there are specific questions I'll be glad to answer them.

Ingrid Sertso and I visited with Ornette, for two reasons: his birthday, and also to play for him a brand new recording of Ingrid's of

"Lonely Woman", for which she also wrote new lyrics. I arranged it with some strings and vibes. Ornette loved it and approved it for dissemination. So it will soon be around, notably on the web pages of www.creativemusicstudio.org and www.myspace.com/IngridSertso.

There are some questions concerning "When Fortune Smiles" ? It actually was a sessions that engineer Dave Baker called to try a new studio, which was on an upper floor somewhere in downtown Manhattan. Later in the evening the downstairs neighbor complained, so this is why part of it is without drums.

Now, again, I am not sure, that this posts for all participants to read. If so, everything is cool. If not, please let me know how this "quote" and "replay" buttons work. And please relate the above to everyone.

As for performance: Ingrid Sertso and I are very interested to perform wherever possible. We always go to Europe to tour and hardly get a chance to perform in this country.

Thanks, with music always,

kb

Welcome Karl,

I saw you play recently with Anthony Braxton and you both played beautifully. Thank you for your contributions to music.

Actually, going beyond just playing gigs: I am interested to present my "Music Mind" program in any educational context. There are two parts: one for players, one for listeners. If anyone is interested, I could post an intro to this here and start a discussion on this, if there is interest.

Thanks, Karl Berger

Actually, going beyond just playing gigs: I am interested to present my "Music Mind" program in any educational context. There are two parts: one for players, one for listeners. If anyone is interested, I could post an intro to this here and start a discussion on this, if there is interest.

Thanks, Karl Berger

I'm certainly interested.

Thanks, Karl Berger

I'm certainly interested.

Absolutely! I'm sure many here would be interested.

And to answer your question- yes, everyone can see what you post. If you prefer, there is a personal message function to communicate privately with other board members. But I think many here (myself included) would be interested in what you have to say!

Again, welcome!

Thanks, Karl Berger

Well, speaking as a listener, I'm certainly interested!

• 6 months later...